E63 Insurance Go Compare v Money Supermarket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
?? Tesco Insurance, underwritten by Ageas is "cheap and nasty"?
Your statement is far too broad and really doesn't hold up.
eg-:
So if I took out insurance with 1* rated Motorcade and paid the following amount I'd be better insured?

Motorcade Insurance

£2,522.82

1* defaqto rating
11 monthly payments£224.19
First payment£378.42
Total price£2844.51
Insurers can change their prices at any time so this price might change if you return to buy later
Total excess on this policy£1200
Compulsory£950
Voluntary£250

Get real Boyband. It's the underwriter insuring you and the majority of companies are just agents. There are good and bad underwriters and agents, and paying more for your insurance guarantees nothing.

As a side note, I got my renewal notice from Tesco today and if I hadn't shopped around and automatically renewed, Tesco would have charged me £394. Yes, £102 more than the identical policy I took out with them yesterday.
Anyone who doesn't explore the market every year is either foolish or has money to waste IMO.
View attachment 117323

Hi , good example regarding Tesco.

Hope the car insurance is better than their banking arm !

That car insurance quote you mentioned is I feel clearly for a driver with issues / bad area / age / type of car etc etc.

That car insurance quote you mentioned is I feel clearly for a driver with issues / bad area / age / type of car etc etc.
I don't think so. It was a quote for me personally with an unblemished driving record living in a good area.
But I was highlighting the absurdity of high cost insurance v vfm low cost insurance with a respected underwriter.

I don't think so. It was a quote for me personally with an unblemished driving record living in a good area.
But I was highlighting the absurdity of high cost insurance v vfm low cost insurance with a respected underwriter.

Hi , well I take my hat of to you and apologies all round.

Your car in round figures has twice the power of mine with a much cheaper premium !

It gives me a starter for 10 when my next insurance renewal appears.

Hi , well I take my hat of to you and apologies all round.

Your car in round figures has twice the power of mine with a much cheaper premium !

It gives me a starter for 10 when my next insurance renewal appears.
Unfortunately insurance can't be compared in different parts of the country due to so many factors that decide the premium.
If you moved to my postcode, your insurance could be cheaper than mine. Too many variables.

Recent years I've been going via gocompare. Their 250 excess cover is the deal breaker, allows me to take insurance with a higher excess (and thus lower premium) than I normally would, with gocompare covering 250 of the excess.

I'm doing the insurance renewal rounds now. Go Compare are a complete and utter joke. I wonder how Compare the Market and Confused.com are able to give me plenty of quotes and yet the Go Compare website tells me they can't get 1 - yes not 1 from many of the same insurers!! I can see why they do jokey adverts - it certainly fits their crappy product!!

The cheapest quote I got for the c63 was £2500 how i don't know as my previous 1 was £580 in the end i went with Adrian flux which my other vehicles are with and got it for £480 with agreed valuation of £40k (extra £75 for the agreed valuation) im happy with that
I notice alot of people slate Adrian flux but ive never had an issue with them as long as you dont automatically except the renewal

I'm doing the insurance renewal rounds now. Go Compare are a complete and utter joke. I wonder how Compare the Market and Confused.com are able to give me plenty of quotes and yet the Go Compare website tells me they can't get 1 - yes not 1 from many of the same insurers!! I can see why they do jokey adverts - it certainly fits their crappy product!!
I'll never use go compare simply because of their awful adverts!

I've just insured another car with Adrian Flux as they were cheaper than anything on comparison sites. I tried ringing another couple of companies with decent quotes, but the queue was over 30 min so I gave up. I can always get through to Adrian Flux quite quickly on the phone which is another big plus for me. Just tell them you're not interested in their marketing spiel and save a few minutes of your life!

As of Jan 1st, insurance is changing. A company cannot offer you a more expensive price for renewal than you would be offered with them as a new customer. This was bought in middle of the year to stop "renewal creep". Still shop around as it only applies to the channel that you bought through, direct or comparison site.

When it comes to rewards on Confused.com, the car wash is the absolute best value for money as it works out at £6pm (IMO car wash), bit better than a £20 Halfords voucher.....

Price reductions are happening now before these changes come into effect in Jan

My C240 is insured with Esure (original decesion based on comparethemarket) since I bought the car. So far every renewal letter has been to let me know the price has gone down, now paying £240 a year.

A few weeks ago I needed to go and get the E320 that I've just bought, did the same thing again, cheapest quote was a company I've not heard of before, Esure was about 15th down the list and £700!

I got a quote direct from the Esure website and it's insured with windscreen cover and RAC cover for about £500.

The e63s is the first car I owned where I swapped providers twice within the first year. I couldn't find any provider that was happy to insure modifications (and satin ppf counts as such) so I ended up with Adrian Flux - that charged me £1300 !! ... I am pushing 50 years old with having a license since I am 18 with 0 accidents so how that was so expensive, I don't know. Then I changed to Sainsburys that charged me 'only' £980 followed by Admiral at £780 .... which kept going up every year too. Now renewal is due June 1 so I guess it is time to go shopping again.

wow I was wrong - that's admiral :

1652271731218.png

Edit: Churchill quotes less than half that.

Last edited:
Just got my renewal.....£10 cheaper than last year....will just let it auto renew......I wont be able to save much on such a cheap premium and life's too short!! Adrian Flux by the way.

I'm paying less than £300pa for a declared remapped W212 E63 with Tesco.
Retired and living in a low crime area which is the main reason for such a low premium.
I'm waiting for the inevitable rise as I get older.

Welcome to Tesco Car Insurance
The Car Insurance Team at Tesco would like to say a big thank you for choosing
to insure your car with us for the next 12 months.
We are delighted to confirm your personalised cover has been set up as
requested.
The annual premium for your policy is £292.88 (including Insurance Premium
Tax) and it will run from 18th September 2021 to 18th September 2022.

Last time I paid under 300 quid was for a 1.6L Audi A3 lol

I'm paying less than £300pa for a declared remapped W212 E63 with Tesco.
That is bloody good value!
Can't remember what I pay but think it's £600 on a multi modified car policy with my vRS included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom