E63 leasing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Was speaking with a friend who is looking for an E63 estate deal. He leases his vehicles through his company; genereally over a 2 year period.

Can those of you in the know please tell me what is out there.

matt

That's a bloody expensive way of doing it.

£1200 a month for the car circa £1000 a month in BIK tax + employers NI contributions.

Tell him to draw the cash and PCP it, it will cost him shed loads less.

That's a bloody expensive way of doing it.

£1200 a month for the car circa £1000 a month in BIK tax + employers NI contributions.

Tell him to draw the cash and PCP it, it will cost him shed loads less.

Not if it's his company ;)

In that case his Accountant will inform of the best way to finance this.

I dont think his accountant will search out the best deal for him though.

He likes to change them every 2 years and change marques as they appeal to him. Mileage is circa 10-12K per annum.

I dont think his accountant will search out the best deal for him though.

Nobody suggested he would, that's your mates job.

What his Accountant will tell him is the best type of finance for this car based on his Turnover, last years profits and expected business mileage.

Only the Accountant will know this.

Then your mate can sniff out the best deal based on the Accountants recommendation.

Nobody suggested he would, that's your mates job.

What his Accountant will tell him is the best type of finance for this car based on his Turnover, last years profits and expected business mileage.

Only the Accountant will know this.

Then your mate can sniff out the best deal based on the Accountants recommendation.

What he said.

Accountant will advise on specifics but a contract hire/operating lease means he can claim 50% of the VAT back on the monthly rental and 100% of the VAT back on maintenance costs. Additionally subject to his personal company circumstances he can offset up to 100% of the lease costs against taxable profits. Taking all of this into account then helps get to the "real" cost of running the car.

All that aside look at the site I linked to as the E63 3 +23 and 6+23 lease deals look good to me versus the MBUK equivalents.

What he said.

Accountant will advise on specifics but a contract hire/operating lease means he can claim 50% of the VAT back on the monthly rental and 100% of the VAT back on maintenance costs. Additionally subject to his personal company circumstances he can offset up to 100% of the lease costs against taxable profits. Taking all of this into account then helps get to the "real" cost of running the car.

All that aside look at the site I linked to as the E63 3 +23 and 6+23 lease deals look good to me versus the MBUK equivalents.

All this pales into insignificance when the BIK tax is added.

I own a Limited company and we stopped leasing cars 3 years ago on the advice our accountant, due only to benefit in kind costs.

Guys

this is getting all too technical and I suspect I have not explained it well enough. Dont worry about the cost - it will go through the business. He just mentioned it in passing and I said I would ask on the forum who is doing the best deals. He just wants to lease it for 2 years and then change it. he has no desire to own it and wants the flexibility to change as something new comes along.

I mentioned it because people are raving on about c63 deals; so I wondered if there was something similar for E63's and if so who were the best companies to approach. So thats it-who are th ebest companies to approach please? He will sort the rest.

cheers

matt

E63s are significantly more expensive. I think the cheapest I've seen is nearly £900 a month on a 6+23 deal.

I'd like to know more about his business arrangement as my company accountants have never been able to make a company car 'work' for me.

E63s are significantly more expensive. I think the cheapest I've seen is nearly £900 a month on a 6+23 deal.

I'd like to know more about his business arrangement as my company accountants have never been able to make a company car 'work' for me.

Do you remember who that deal was with?

As for his business arrangement I really have no idea. Money is no issue for him and I believe he just views cars as expensive white goods that he borrows for a while and then hands back and gets something else that takes his fancy-if that costs him a premium then he seems prepared to pay it.

I got my E63 Estate from Listers in Lincoln, they did me a very good deal. I pay around £750 a month, took nearly 5 months from order to delivery though! My accountant suggested HP rather than leasing and you still have the option to give it back at the end of the term or pay the balloon payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom