E63 mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimjamiejames

Car
S211 e350, daimler sovereign custom project
IMG_20210710_141328.jpg
Had the first long run in my s212 e63 this weekend since driving it home and loved every minute of it. 466 miles over 2 days, largely motorway miles with some A and B roads at either end. I never tried to be Conservative for economy. Had some 60 mph roadworks, 45 mins crawling on the m25 and some rather more spirited driving. Everyone knows what a great performance car they are but also they're just a fantastic car full stop. Love mine

Is this a pre-face lift? I hadn't realised the dashes were different from the facelift.

I am not doing that well on my E63S lol

But can't get average speed over 30mph here so who knows what it could be ... worst for me is 13mpg I think ...

1626102954302.png

I am not doing that well on my E63S lol

But can't get average speed over 30mph here so who knows what it could be ... worst for me is 13mpg I think ...

View attachment 115613
I'm normally seeing between 17 and low 20's around town day to day but I don't pay too much attention. I only reset it because I was doing a long run and was curious.

Well 29 mpg is great in the E63,but nobody buys one of these to show decent fuel returns it is normally the other way,like went for a run yesterday and got 15 mpg,or know all the fuel station people around here on first name terms

Average is 19.9mpg in the E63s Estate....

Attachments

• e63 W213.PNG
    e63 W213.PNG
    306.3 KB · Views: 4
Well 29 mpg is great in the E63,but nobody buys one of these to show decent fuel returns it is normally the other way,like went for a run yesterday and got 15 mpg,or know all the fuel station people around here on first name terms
I didn't buy it for the fuel economy either I just thought it was a good return considering the car and shows how good they are in general.

We believe you.

just driven 300 miles to MSL & back with an average of 25.5mpg.....was surprised considering i wasn't hanging about - mind you i'm pretty carefull not to speed on the motorways and generally stick cruise control on & watch the repmobiles hammer by....i prefer twisty A & B roads.....

I actually managed around 40mpg over 200 miles on a backroads trip down to Cornwall with a lot of traffic. Deliberately took it easy and used glide mode and 4 cyl deactivation. The mpg has steady improved over time. Now at 18k miles and it sips petrol... and doesn't burn oil (unlike my last S212 63s).

just driven 300 miles to MSL & back with an average of 25.5mpg.....was surprised considering i wasn't hanging about - mind you i'm pretty carefull not to speed on the motorways and generally stick cruise control on & watch the repmobiles hammer by....i prefer twisty A & B roads.....

Nine points on your licence by any chance ;) ?

especially when you consider it did 756hp and 897lb.ft haha
Most efficient 900lbft ice car ever produced?!?! 😁 you'll have to change your name to greta soon 😉

Are you decat presumably? Any issues with stage 2?

No issues except deaf neighbours on a cold start haha… yeah I am decat downpipes and I also have a blackboost intake. I am hugely impressed with the car as a package, that was almost 30mpg from lancashire to Cornwall and the car was loaded to the gunnels with all the stuff for a weeks holiday as mines an estate.

Beat my record on my first ever commute in the E63 (first day to the office in 18 months). An amazing 29.4mpg over 70 miles. There will still overtakes, etc, but traffic held back my speed.

Still amazed people can get over 30mpg with this car and not go insane through boredom though 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom