E63 or CLS63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

addbuyer

SUPPORTER
Car
Panamera Turbo S
Guys which one?

Also, are they built on the same chassis?

Same chassis, Cls only a four seater and if you can't decide spin a coin.

Good luck.

They are built on the same chassis, but those who have driven both say that they feel quite different to drive.

If you need a 5-seater or a big boot, then the E-Class is the one.

If you want the style of a 4-door / 4-seat coupe, then the CLS is the one to go for.

In Biturbo guise, the CLS only comes with the higher output "PPP"- or "S"-spec engine.

I don't think the boot space is any different Phil, mine is certainly big enough to fit anything I've ever needed to carry (including a set of 19 wheels + tyres).

Personal opinion, (and totally biased) but I think the CLS63 looks far more like the car you'd expect to have that sort of power in (far more sporty styling) - the E63 seems to be a bit of a sleeper in my eyes but makes it a cool proposition as well.

5I1rWLl.jpg

PgtMCoc.jpg

Either one will be a good choice.

When you see the CLS in a setting like that, it's hard to hard to argue otherwise

I had nearly the same problem a few weeks ago. I originally wanted an E63 estate. I then started looking at the CLS63 Shooting Brake. I need the boot for my dog, not to take big loads. Therefore based on the better looks of the CLS SB and the extra power and toys it came with I went for the CLS63 SB, gorgeous car!!

Unless you go for the face-lift cls, the 14 onwards e63 looks far more modern. Those old front ends with separate drl assembies look crap.

Haha agreed just shame about the horrible wheels.

Yeah, they're very marmite - some think they're the best things they've ever seen, some hate them.

Unless you go for the face-lift cls, the 14 onwards e63 looks far more modern. Those old front ends with separate drl assembies look crap.

I agree, the face-left frontends looks great but I don't think previous ones look crap at all - still menacing!

T8lHFv6.jpg

E63 if you like to wear your labels on the inside, CLS63 if you wear them on the outside.

CLS63 estate is the sweet spot for me, stunning yet practical.

I think the pre face lift front end suits the lines of the CLS better than the face lift, whereas on the E63 the facelift edges it.

To the OP, go and view / test both. I did and was prepared to buy either, it just depended which one came up with the best mix of value & condition and for me this was the CLS. On reflection I am glad I bought the CLS as it was what I really wanted. Another thing to note is that the CLS appears to now be holding its value better than the equivalent aged E63, certainly at the bottom end.

Good luck
Jules

Had the same issue. After driving and parking them both up and having a good look around ended up with the CLS. Much more class and slick in my eyes but just my personal prefrence.

Which ever you choose will be a great choice of car ;)

Totally different to drive. We have an E63 and bil has CLS63. The CLS is much stiffer, feels more ridged and has a much harder ride. The E feels softer, more comfortable and refined.

Yes a good friend had a CLS63 and I had the E63, he also preferred the E63 as did I.

E63 looks faster if you ask me :)

IMG_8068_zps5jcmtchg.jpg

Last edited:
Blimey I know it's a weird thing to say but that car looks like a rapist :D

You're right, it is a weird thing to say!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom