E63 Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's an amazingly capable car and the noise and feel are both amazing! I would find it very hard to replace this car with something else when the time comes.
^ This.

When I bought my first pre-facelift one I told myself it was to scratch an itch and that after a couple of years I'd swap it out for something else "more sensible". Pah! Two years later I swapped it for a facelift E63 :cool:

The trouble with the W212 E63 is that it really is a very accomplished and addictive package. Certainly it's the most "complete" car I've ever owned and it never fails to deliver that elusive feel good factor.

^ This.

When I bought my first pre-facelift one I told myself it was to scratch an itch and that after a couple of years I'd swap it out for something else "more sensible". Pah! Two years later I swapped it for a facelift E63 :cool:

The trouble with the W212 E63 is that it really is a very accomplished and addictive package. Certainly it's the most "complete" car I've ever owned and it never fails to deliver that elusive feel good factor.
In my opinion the w212 facelift e63 is the best model in my eyes, it’s those Tron like taillights and wide end booty that makes such a solid stance :)

Agreed, i think its the best shape and thats not me being biased, the 213 has gone softer look wise.

I agree with your agreement, yet that is me being biased.

Also extremely bulbous looking when parked next to a 212. Pretty nippy for a big beast though...
There is someone who live in my area who has a 213 E63S.
Christ, the noise this thing makes is just ridiculous, kind of reminds me of the noise my C63 made, only 10 times more pronounced.
It got matt paint though, which I personally don't like, must be a nightmare to look after

You'll find the fuel cap states min 98 RON. I only put v-power / momentum in there. 97 from BP if I have to.

Other than that, I think what Alex M said is pretty much spot on and correlates with my own usage.
The car is very moddable with many quick wins that are inexpensive:
A simple remap brings power up to 660. Mine's been comfortably running over 700 for almost a year now. It's a very torque-y engine, so be careful not to go overboard. I've limited mine to 1050NM and it goes a long way to helping put power down effectively considering we don't get 4-matic. Once the car is rolling though, very few can keep up.
I'd also recommend looking into the DS2500 race pads. It's a heavy car and these brake pads outperform the stock brakes by a considerable margin.

V-power is 97 Ron...at every pump I've been to in England....

Last edited:
Optimax was 98 but V-Power has been here for ages at 99 as stated.

Well the 4 stations up here need to update the pump labelling...all state 97.

Anyway we'll start another thread with photos if need be...

This continues to be a E63 purchase theme...

And 97, 98 or 99 RON fuels tend to be 12 to 14p dearer over 95 if we can agree... ;)

I agree with your agreement, yet that is me being biased.

Also extremely bulbous looking when parked next to a 212. Pretty nippy for a big beast though...
Sounds much better though Dave (against a non altered exhaust 212 certainly )

Hi Gavin! Thanks I really appreciate that.
I’m just going to view it this Saturday and get a valuation on my car for part exchange and gets some figures so I know where I stand in all of it. But I’ll shoot an email anyway so I can compare and obviously take it all in!
How did the viewing go?

Had to put 1ltr of oil in mine today after a message come up on the dash, I have started using super unleaded so I wonder if it’s because of that or just due a bitnof a top up. I’m loving mine now that I’m comfortable with Sport + mode and although it’s a harsh ride still and a noisy cabin, the bits don’t rattle or squeak and it feels very well put together and solid. I managed to get over it’s claimed top speed the other day, my god what a machine and effortless as well. I miss the supercharger whine of the CLS55 and batty levels of behaviour compared to the more refined and civilised E63, but the new one is a better all-round car without a doubt. I’m loving it and couldn’t recommend one more highly! Was at Mercedes today buying my oil and they had a new C<S in and I don’t like the front or back whatsoever, the side though looks like the first CLS.

Had to put 1ltr of oil in mine today after a message come up on the dash, I have started using super unleaded so I wonder if it’s because of that or just due a bitnof a top up. I’m loving mine now that I’m comfortable with Sport + mode and although it’s a harsh ride still and a noisy cabin, the bits don’t rattle or squeak and it feels very well put together and solid. I managed to get over it’s claimed top speed the other day, my god what a machine and effortless as well. I miss the supercharger whine of the CLS55 and batty levels of behaviour compared to the more refined and civilised E63, but the new one is a better all-round car without a doubt. I’m loving it and couldn’t recommend one more highly! Was at Mercedes today buying my oil and they had a new C<S in and I don’t like the front or back whatsoever, the side though looks like the first CLS.

Watch out for Oil offers at Eurocarparts - I got the SHELL HELIX ULTRA I, as used at my last MERCEDES service for less than half the price MERCEDES charge per litre...

Buy in 'bulk', you'll use the 4 litres tub in a year...

Bargain mate...!

Service time at Mercedes Hull it was £160 for 8 litres....

Bought 2 x 5 litres for ~£55, should have been ~£100 from Eurocarparts 'normally'

I’ve found MB Newcastle to be quite cheap and competitive for certain things and parts which surprised me. When I got discs and pads for the CLS, their price was the cheapest I could find, thankfully ACID at MSL matched their price, in fact I think he bettered it slightlly IIRC. Shame their customer service isn’t always the best and today looking around their cars in my work uniform and boots I got a few looks as if to say dream on pal, mind having a huge scraggy trampling beard does make me look like a homeless person at times. They have a 4matic E63s estate on show, black, beautiful, I want. Maybe in 2-3 years time!

No regrets whatsoever. I totally agree with the "irreplaceable" sentiment. It really is hard to conceive a good idea when you do decide it has to go. This might become easier as time goes on and car begins to feel more and more dated and rattles refuse to go away. Five years seems like a good tenure.

E63 is awesomely powerful as standard, but tuning it as obligatory as it is expensive and, sadly, limited compared to other brands (BMW, cough). Worst of all is getting better sound out of the thing. Exhaust choice is small and options are expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

If you are buying the mercedes approved oil then MB swansea on ebay are super cheap!

It is a very good price. I've been topping up with castrol fully synthetic just because oil light seems to come up on weekends.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom