E63 Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought all V-Power had been 99 RON for years, and before that Optimax was 98 RON. Clearly not the case everywhere.

+1

FWIW, V-Power Racing available sur le continent is 100 octane

When we drove through Switzerland we filled up with V-Power 100 :D same in Germany not France or Italy

Dropped onto the forum today with a E63 question and pleased I came across this as come from C32, C55 and 2 x E55 to a E350 CDI. Whilst it is superb and the tech advance over the w211 is a big step and will probably stop me buying another E55, however, I do want another 8 but my question is which E63 6.3 N/A or 5.5 Turbo!!

Discuss

On a separate note MERCEDES ME, to view the service history etc has just dazzled me - just checked my full service history, tyre pressures, fuel level and next service date from my settee...LOL

5.5 for performance and upgrades to it..

6.2 for the noise...but you can get near to the noise on the 5.5 by exhaust work?

This absolutely. A lovely engine which really suits the E Class.

How would you compare the 5.5 to the 4.0 tt Dave?
I realise the 4.0lt is quicker, but is the 213 with that engine a big step up from the 212 with the 5.5 ?

How would you compare the 5.5 to the 4.0 tt Dave?
I realise the 4.0lt is quicker, but is the 213 with that engine a big step up from the 212 with the 5.5 ?

It's not so much that it's quicker, a lot of it is to do with how it delivers the power Roger. There's only about a 50bhp difference between my 212 (before I started playing with it) and the 213 which is a bit heavier, so on a power to weight ratio I would assume that they're pretty similar.

It's pretty much instant in putting it down though, the twin scroll turbos seem to help here with no discernable lag, and it's probably smoother as well. Discounting the 4Matic system, which obviously helps with acceleration, it really does seem a lot more refined. The 9 speed box is another vast improvement, particularly over the 7 speed in the 212, with pretty much instant changes.

It just needs a decent map now to smooth it all out even further. :)

Running costs are high-ish, as you might expect for this type of car but with care costs can be minimised.

Road tax - £550
Tyres - about £700-900 per set, lasting between 8-12000 miles depending on driving style
Fuel economy - 15-18mpg urban, 22-26mpg on motorway cruise
Servicing on a 36 month MB service plan, 3 services - about £36 per month, one service every 12 months
AMG Tier 1 warranty (if you want one) - £1100
My insurance was cheap (before I got points, and my wife had an accident :)) was very cheap, considering: £518
other wear items: Front disks and pads - £800, rears about £250

Depreciation: try not to think about it if you can, but I'd guess 10k pa from year three onwards, decreasing afterwards. Just think how the first owner will have felt when they sold it.

Alex is spot on with these costs IMO and the cars are brilliant. I bought mine and said i wasnt going to play withnit then ended up persinalising the hell,out of it lol

View media item 7937
New splitter, diffuser, rear wing, msl stage 1 tune to 683bhp, facelift grille, carbon dipped badges and dechromed all round

Alex is spot on with these costs IMO and the cars are brilliant. I bought mine and said i wasnt going to play withnit then ended up persinalising the hell,out of it lol

View media item 7937
New splitter, diffuser, rear wing, msl stage 1 tune to 683bhp, facelift grille, carbon dipped badges and dechromed all round
Yip we all say that! I’ve been quite restrained though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom