E63 V G63 and a boys car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keith of kent

Car
E212 350 sport night edition estate , GLA 200 Sport Premium
Apologies if this has been posted on here before. You need the sound up, loud!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No Model S?:p.
There are lots of Carwow videos of the Model S P100 beating just about everything. For example:

Speed isn’t everything :)
I can’t believe I’ve just said that :eek:

In straight lines, it isn't anything.
It is for drag racing, and the traffic light Grand Prix :cool:

Horses for courses :thumb:

A model S P100 will beat most things when charged, however on a long distance endurance race, i suspect a 1.3litre 1998 ford Ka would beat it..... ;-)
I had a Ford KA once and it would scare me to bits when the kids were sat in the rear because the crumple zone was nonexistent.
The only slight positive was that the kids were a bit tubby in the day so at least they had a bit of built in apple crumple to soften the blow. :D

There are lots of Carwow videos of the Model S P100 beating just about everything. For example:

I got the opportunity to drive a Model S P100D a few months ago, sadly it was a horrible experience as I really,really want one but couldn't come close to affording one :(, perhaps a used Model 3 in a couple of years though.

You can go far, and you can go fast, at the same time. Except in the Tesla, where it's 'or', not 'and'...

I get what you’re saying, but that isn’t entirely true. Press on in a performance ICE car and you’ll be into low double digit mpg (or worse) limiting range. You won’t be getting 30mpg when doing sub 5 seconds 0-60 times.

You can go far, and you can go fast, at the same time. Except in the Tesla, where it's 'or', not 'and'...
I do quite often see Teslas on the motorway ambling along at 60-65ish...

When somebody cracks the battery capacity, charging time, and charging time versus battery life, problems, and I've no doubt somebody will, electric cars will become, at least theoretically, a viable proposition for Mr. Average. I say theoretically, because there will then be the cost of the technology, and hence the purchase cost, and the charging network, to be addressed. I've no doubt it will all come to pass, but I think EV takeup will be more drip-feed than Great Leap Forward for some time to come.

Hands up all those who would prefer a Tesla to an E63? Not many, I suspect, and it's not because of the performance, is it?

Hands up all those who could afford a Tesla? A fair number, I suspect. Now hands up all those who've bought, ordered or are buying one? Again, not many, I suspect.

I doubt Tesla will remain the market leaders once the major car manufacturers really get into their stride, because they already know how to mass-produce affordable, well-suspended, good-handling, well-specified, well-built and well-finished cars with good-quality interiors, and judging from what I've read, Tesla don't.

Last edited:
When somebody cracks the battery capacity, charging time, and charging time versus battery life, problems, and I've no doubt somebody will, electric cars will become, at least theoretically, a viable proposition for Mr. Average. I say theoretically, because there will then be the cost of the technology, and hence the purchase cost, and the charging network, to be addressed. I've no doubt it will all come to pass, but I think EV takeup will be more drip-feed than Great Leap Forward for some time to come.

Couldn't agree more.

I do wonder why they are all so ugly though. Why not make a good looking EV. Something that doesn't make you whince and avert your vision due to it being an insult to having eyesight.

I do wonder why they are all so ugly though. Why not make a good looking EV. Something that doesn't make you whince and avert your vision due to it being an insult to having eyesight.

Exactly, they are awful looking things

Actually, I quite like the look of the Model S...:)

But the Model 3? :fail:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom