E63 Wash and wax.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Car was looking a bit sorry for itself after some recent rain and what appeared to be a dust storm overnight.
It had a good polish a week ago but I didn't have the energy to wax it in the heat so it got that today along with Meg's Detailing finish spray.
As it was still pretty warm, I thought I'd put on a coat of a really inexpensive Meguiars Carnauba wax that I normally put on the alloys.
I'm pretty pleased with the finish but the rain is supposed to be coming tomorrow so it woan't stay like this for long.20200609_180259.jpg20200609_141942(0)[1].jpg20200609_180347.jpg

Car was looking a bit sorry for itself after some recent rain and what appeared to be a dust storm overnight.
It had a good polish a week ago but I didn't have the energy to wax it in the heat so it got that today along with Meg's Detailing finish spray.
As it was still pretty warm, I thought I'd put on a coat of a really inexpensive Meguiars Carnauba wax that I normally put on the alloys.
I'm pretty pleased with the finish but the rain is supposed to be coming tomorrow so it woan't stay like this for long.View attachment 97727View attachment 97726View attachment 97728
Looks fantastic 👍🏻

I'm pretty pleased with the finish but the rain is supposed to be coming tomorrow so it woan't stay like this for long.View attachment 97727View attachment 97726View attachment 97728

Are you planning any trips to Scotland soon, couple of cars needing your attention please.
Black is just beautiful when it’s all shiny.

Are you planning any trips to Scotland soon, couple of cars needing your attention please.
Black is just beautiful when it’s all shiny.

There are a few Scotsmen at the border turning undesirable English away Harry.;)
It is a trip I must make at some point. Never been further north (in the UK) than Chesterfield in my life which is pretty poor considering the other places I've visited in my lifetime.

There are a few Scotsmen at the border turning undesirable English away Harry.;)
It is a trip I must make at some point. Never been further north (in the UK) than Chesterfield in my life which is pretty poor considering the other places I've visited in my lifetime.
😳 That wouldn’t be so bad if you hadn’t lived your whole life in Chesterfield 😄

Nicola Sturgeon is reported to be perched at the top of the turret of a ruined castle just north of Gretna She’s waiting to pick off a Black AMG moving at warp 8 ..... you have been warned.

^ Having no wish to ever meet up with wee Jimmy Krankie, (allegedly she was called seaweed at University as even the tide wouldn't take her out) I got the polisher out today and got to work.
Usual 2 bucket method with a noodle wash mitt and Megs Gold class shampoo. It was getting warm and before I even had a chance to rinse off the car was drying with horrible water spots and shampoo stains all over:mad:
Gave the car a rinse with the hose attachment and dried off with clean microfibre towels including the wheels. A coat of AutoGlym alloy wheel protector was applied and given a chance to dry off.
I then got to work with the polisher using a yellow polish pad and Poorboys Black Hole paste. I like this stuff. Buffed off with a clean microfibre towel as I prefer to just apply the polish with the DA.
Once that was done, the whole process was repeated using Bilt Hamber Double speed wax. This too give a nice finish and finally sprayed the bodywork with Sonx BSD and wiped down.
Pleased with the results ,but the wheels are coming off in the next few weeks or so to replace the brake pads so I'll be giving the hubs a good clean along with the calipers and insides of the wheels and sealing them.
And finally a few gratuitous photos before tomorrows rain arrives.

20200707_112055[2].jpg20200707_114523[1].jpg20200707_115208[1].jpgDSCF0338[1].jpgDSCF0337[1].jpg

^ Having no wish to ever meet up with wee Jimmy Krankie, (allegedly she was called seaweed at University as even the tide wouldn't take her out) I got the polisher out today and got to work.
Usual 2 bucket method with a noodle wash mitt and Megs Gold class shampoo. It was getting warm and before I even had a chance to rinse off the car was drying with horrible water spots and shampoo stains all over:mad:
Gave the car a rinse with the hose attachment and dried off with clean microfibre towels including the wheels. A coat of AutoGlym alloy wheel protector was applied and given a chance to dry off.
I then got to work with the polisher using a yellow polish pad and Poorboys Black Hole paste. I like this stuff. Buffed off with a clean microfibre towel as I prefer to just apply the polish with the DA.
Once that was done, the whole process was repeated using Bilt Hamber Double speed wax. This too give a nice finish and finally sprayed the bodywork with Sonx BSD and wiped down.
Pleased with the results ,but the wheels are coming off in the next few weeks or so to replace the brake pads so I'll be giving the hubs a good clean along with the calipers and insides of the wheels and sealing them.
And finally a few gratuitous photos before tomorrows rain arrives.

View attachment 99031View attachment 99032View attachment 99033View attachment 99037View attachment 99035

Stunning AMGeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom