E63.....worth a look.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ALFAitalia

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 ALFA 159 2.0 JTDM, Merc A170 (W169), Merc CLK 200K (C209) gone, 1999 Merc SLK 230K (R170) gone.
......if for no other reason that the completely over the top description/text. Even if I wanted it, I would be completely put off by the text which does nothing except make me think that I'm dealing with a complete tosser!!! Does anyone writing that think anyone is going to take him seriously.....I guess he does!!!!!?????

What makes you THINK THAT ?

People just don't get this "know your customer" thing, do they?

Curious annual mileages

Last edited:
I think he likes it... but with a well-specified car; the P30 option was about £4k, I think.

I wonder what he'd say about something more modern and with a faster engine, like an M157 E63S? Possibly cream his jeans...

Last edited:
I guess not everyone has the skills needed to write a concise, accurate ad but trying too hard to be another Clarkson doesn't really add much value IMO.
And what's going on with THE random block CAPITALS ?

It's not Clarkson. It's Carcoat Damphands from Sniff Petrol.

"It simply demands that you get involved with channelling its 500+ BHP through its manic 19" AMG 5-Twin wide-spoke Diamond CUT Anthracite Designer Alloys".

Nothing that a dab of opp wouldn't sort.

The car looks alright. My only concern is the sooty tail pipes. Mine got like that when it was burning oil. Could just be dirty from road grime...

The owner is really trying too hard to sell what looks like a very nice example.
Way overpriced (IMO), but who knows, maybe someone will want to pay that much.

I like it, looks like a car which has been cared for. It certainly doesn't come across as a tyre kicker. The last mot advisory raised some concerns over corrosion to rear subframe, so best to get it checked out as with most subframes on any car, some corrosion is not uncommon and may only require a coating of Lanoguard to prevent corrosion.

I would also check the drivers seat for wear and to the bolsters. Definitely replace the aftermarket grill, it doesn't look right.

Hope the price is negotiable too, would make for a cracking deal. Nice car 👍

Screenshot_20220515-203905_Samsung Internet.jpg

Car looks fine and good spec, Overpriced imo. I'm most put off by the demand of deposit up front outside of eBay before accepting the sale on eBay. Dunno what that's about but I don't like it.

Something like that would normally be a sign of a scam advert, but I can't see that being the case here.

Part time dealer possibly judging by the handful of cars he's sold mentioned in his feedback, and his advert spiel. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Can't be that bad or it would have failed. It was mentioned on my car 3 years ago.....not been mentioned since! The tester must have been having a bad day as it is just light surface corrosion.

I like it, looks like a car which has been cared for. It certainly doesn't come across as a tyre kicker. The last mot advisory raised some concerns over corrosion to rear subframe, so best to get it checked out as with most subframes on any car, some corrosion is not uncommon and may only require a coating of Lanoguard to prevent corrosion.

I would also check the drivers seat for wear and to the bolsters. Definitely replace the aftermarket grill, it doesn't look right.

Hope the price is negotiable too, would make for a cracking deal. Nice car 👍

View attachment 127018
Just searched lanoguard and found this post, have you used it ? Thanks

Plenty of youtubes showing owners using this product. Looks easy to apply and the best bit is that it's transparent so you can see what's going on underneath the coating over time. About £80 to do a whole car. None toxic apparently. I'm going to try it out.

Seventeen five-star reviews in three days in July 2022? Hmmmmm....

Hi buddy, I have Lanoguard protection applied around the subframe and some vulnerable areas on my S211 and Mazda 6. Most of the underside are protected by the cars own plastic shields, so for me it was just treating the exposed parts, mainly the sub frame. I haven't started on the W212, but will do. Just waiting on lowering springs parts and deciding on some wheels.

Best to apply now though, before winter kicks in and safeguard the underside from the salt. Also keep a spare spray bottle handy, the ones they supply gets clogged up easily. 👍

From the description, it sounds like Waxoyl mixed with phosphoric acid. I still use Waxoyl, because I still have some from years ago, to lubricate and seizure-protect things like metal screws holding on wheel arch liners and the like, and I don't say Lanoguard doesn't work even better, What does the list of ingredients on the container say is in it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom