E63s 4 matic options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
Hi everyone. Picking up a 2017 E63s this week. Visually it has almost the perfect spec - black paint, black forged 20” wheels and performance seats. It’s missing a few options which I think may make it harder to sell in the future - 360 cam, HUD and pan roof.. would lack of these put anyone in the market looking for this type of car off?

Last edited:
This is only my opinion, the lack of 360 Cam and the HUD
wouldn't bother me one bit, but for me personally the pan
roof is a must, and also again personally i don't like black cars or black wheels, but hey
there are plenty that do, and when clean, black cars do look fantastic, but sounds like a fantastic car, pics please when you get it.:D:D

^Nothing wrong with all black I''ll have you know;)
As above, I specifically looked for a light interior first of all, followed by panoramic roof and 360 camera.
There will be buyers who are not too fussy, but some options are a must for others.

OP, the car sounds like a cracker:thumb:

Obviously the more options it has the easier it will sell, but don't let that spoil the joy of your ownership. It sounds like you are putting a dark cloud over it before you have even collected it. It is an amazing car, enjoy it now, worry about selling it when that time comes.

It didn’t put you off. Don’t worry about it and enjoy the new car.

Thanks everyone but there’s a spanner in the works.

The cars on a private reg currently and when speaking to hpi.com they said I can do a check on the private reg but would need to update the search on the original reg before they can guarantee their search. The owner doesn’t want to remove the reg as they plan to keep the car if i don’t buy it. So this leaves me in a predicament.. should I just give a small deposit to the owner and ask him to start the process to get the old reg back on, or do the check on the current private plate and update the check once the new V5 comes back and hope for the best. Seller seems genuine but it’s a lot of money

I am part of the crew that do not like any sunroof, so there are people out there :)

The only trouble with black cars is I can never see them when parked on the driveway.
37BC395F-501E-432B-A07E-1FBCDCFE4ADE.jpeg

Just ask the owner for the original reg no and get hpi to check it.

HPI said i can do the check on the private plate but once the original V5 comes back with the old reg - I need to update the search and only then can they guarantee there’s no outstanding finance etc. Stupid cos by then I’ll have the car and it would be too late

Why can't HPI just use the VIN for the search?
No panoramic roof seems bizarre, a 360 degree camera would be a must for me, it's fantastic

I am part of the crew that do not like any sunroof, so there are people out there :)

Me too I'm not bothered with a sunroof either, but on a C Class you lose the high spec sound though........that's the problem with daft packages.

RR

Having had a 360 camera, I'd not want another larger car without one.

I don't care if a car has a sunroof or not. I tend to use them if they are there but I'd never pay for one on a new car.

This is only my opinion, the lack of 360 Cam and the HUD
wouldn't bother me one bit, but for me personally the pan
roof is a must, and also again personally i don't like black cars or black wheels, but hey
there are plenty that do, and when clean, black cars do look fantastic, but sounds like a fantastic car, pics please when you get it.:D:D

Roof 100%...those that say otherwise don't have it...:D

HUD nope, 360 camera - cant say but reversing cameras aren't my cup of tea,,,

I have all 3 of these and I must say a 360 camera is an absolute must once you've had one.
those that say otherwise don't have it...:D
I agree :D

360 camera - cant say but reversing cameras aren't my cup of tea,,,
360 camera is a whole different ball game and shouldn't be confused with a reverse camera. Seeing behind you is helpful, but seeing all around the car and an aerial view is a huge benefit when parking/getting through tight spots/pulling up to curbs........................

Pan roof is great to have and I would miss it if I didn't have one.
HUD is great to have, although I always use it I could learn to live without it.

Sliding pan roof is a game changer as it makes the car look more aggressive when opened. Also let’s light in to the car so you can appreciate the beautiful architecture.

HUD is useless in my opinion but for resale purposes it’s very important as it’s considered an expensive option.

Burmester sounds is a must because the silver speaker caps look awesome, and the sound is alright too.

Buckets are great and rare-ish since you see a lot of regular E’s with them but not so many S’. Although the leather and alcantara regular seats are incredibly comfortable.

You need at least a reverse camera if not 360.

My fav wheels are the black forged ones - saying that they make the car look like a drug dealers car; nonetheless awesome shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom