E63s advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shaun they should run all updates when doing the service, as well as any recall issues. I know I had one on the screws in the rear spoiler which they are replacing.

Hi folks,

Picked up the wagon today and have just arrived home after a 400 mile drive back from the dealer.

It was a really good chance to try different dynamic settings (although it was nearly all motorway miles) and also start getting familiar with the infinite options in the cockpit!

First impressions:

1) what a noise!
2) mid range acceleration is just ridiculous
3) the ride is not as boneshaking as I had feared (even in sport+)
4) the performance seats are comfier than expected on a long haul - this has been a big worry
5) fuel economy loads better than I had hoped - 27mpg for the trip - although in fairness I took it pretty steady and only really hammered it pulling off slip roads onto the motorway. I fully expect this to drop from tomorrow once I start some B road adventures in manual/sport+!

On the whole I’m delighted with it - most of all I love that it’s a complete sleeper unless you are in the know.

I’ll post some photos over the weekend. I’m now off to get stuck into the user manual for some bedtime reading!

Oysterburger

Do let us know how you get on with Mercedes and the battery issue please.
I mentioned it to my dealer when it was serviced 2 months ago, they said they couldn't seen anything particularly wrong and put the car on charge for a number of hours.
They said it would need booked in and have more time spent on it.

Do Mercedes dealers automatically apply updates during a service?

Shaun Mercedes have found the issue with the starter battery apparently there are issues with the software which results in certain elements being left on even when the car is switched off. Therefore resulting in the drain on the battery. They updated the software and replaced the starter battery for me, been a week or so now and no repeat issues!

Thanks for the update Adam, much appreciated.
Don't suppose they gave you a report or anything?

Cheers

Thanks for the update Adam, much appreciated.
Don't suppose they gave you a report or anything?

Cheers

shaun I don’t have the full report but I will speak to the service guy and get the code for you.

shaun I don’t have the full report but I will speak to the service guy and get the code for you.
Evening Adam,
I'm just wondering if you managed to contact your service guy regarding the code?

Shaun they should run all updates when doing the service, as well as any recall issues.

Lookers will only do updates "if it's broke" for non-recall updates in my experience.

I wonder how many other dealers don't routinely do them.

My dealer isn't Lookers, anyway, I've no idea whether they would have applied any updates or not.
Hopefully Adam can get the code for this update they did on his car, so that I can get mine sorted out.

Shaun Mercedes have found the issue with the starter battery apparently there are issues with the software which results in certain elements being left on even when the car is switched off. Therefore resulting in the drain on the battery. They updated the software and replaced the starter battery for me, been a week or so now and no repeat issues!
I rang my dealer, the girl in service said they're not aware of any outstanding, but they've booked the car in for the 23rd.
Ideally I could have something on the issue they fixed for you before that.

cheers

Made a mistake on the date, its away to Mercedes this morning, dropped it off at 7.30am.
Yesterday I drove the car for nearly 4 hours, yet Mercedes Me still said starter battery partially charged.
You'd have thought driving for that length of time should have fully charged it?

After 3 hours I noticed stop/start had decided to work again - and continued to do so this morning.
Lets see what they tell me later., I've told them about you getting some kind of updates and a new starter battery Adam.

Oh - exciting!

Mercedes Me has been going nuts for the last hour or so popping message in the app, texting me and emailing me.
My tracker company rang me at 14:40 to say they had a battery disconnect and were checking if everything was ok.
I checked the app, windows open/doors open/vehicle unlocked, but if you clicked on anything it said remote services unavailable or words to that effect.

Out of curiosity I just checked the app there 25 mins later, and its now telling me the starter battery is fully charged, and I can click on options with it telling me service unavailable message.

Fingers crossed.

Well, I know its only been a couple of days, but it seems to be behaving itself and I no longer have the partly charged message, which eventually leads to the the starter battery critical message.
Was told the battery had a dead cell and that they changed it under warranty.

My car has just started doing this, I used it last weekend when I was home and its currently complaining the starter battery is critical and its only been stood for a week, in a heated garage no less. It had been stood for about 2 months prior to that. I think I might need to invest in a maintenance charger.... previous cars used to stand for months and never have problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom