E63S - Delivery Delays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I envisage a day where there’ll only be online showrooms and test-drive warehouses where all you literally do is go and test drive the car before putting your order in online.

I totally agree with this, I fact a sales rep from my local dealership mentioned this last month.

My courtesy car arrived earlier today. It is NICE. C63S estate in Designo Iridium Silver Magno, with black wheels and black pack. Fair play to MB UK... that's GREAT customer service.

I totally agree with this, I fact a sales rep from my local dealership mentioned this last month.

Agreed, that may be the way things are going, particularly for the volume models, but it certainly won’t involve an outside company (carwow) taking a cut of every vehicle sold. They’re doing well while it lasts, but it won’t continue as it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

consumers these days check web prices on everything from toasters to twin turbos and are not afraid to go a few hundred miles (are you?) if it means saving 000s. Carwow probably refer decent numbers of punters to dealers and make it worthwhile. Large multi brand regional sales and servicing centres are probably not that far off. They’d have a sister site next door handling all the ex lease two year olds at warehouse prices too. It’s the future I guess.

Probably be called "Outlets" like some brands have to sell products cheaper to those not wishing to pay full price.

Carwow has put a fair few dealers nose’s out of joint; you weren’t the first and I doubt you’ll be the last to use them for a great deal.

PM if you’d prefer to keep it off the forum but what percentage discount did you get if you don’t mind me asking?
The saving was close to 12%. I chose from three dealers who had offered a very similar level of discount, after some initial follow-up enquiries, based on who seemed likely to give the best service.

Like with any dealer, you may not necessarily replicate this price; but the fact that three dealers offered a very price suggests that Carwow is worth a try. Remember at the time a deal is done, both parties are happy!

The saving was close to 12%. I chose from three dealers who had offered a very similar level of discount, after some initial follow-up enquiries, based on who seemed likely to give the best service.

Like with any dealer, you may not necessarily replicate this price; but the fact that three dealers offered a very price suggests that Carwow is worth a try. Remember at the time a deal is done, both parties are happy!
Thanks for that, my business partner is toying with ordering one, either that or the new M5.

Enjoy the new cars gents they are amazing.

Couple of observations:

1 - I went the Carlow route and my local dealer broadly matched the best quote I got on a stock car, not quite, but near enough for me and I was impatient !\

2 - Anybody got any idea what, if any, parts/qc issue contributed to the delay ?

saw my first new e63 today in Cambridge, it drove past me. No v8 burble at all, very disappointing. Even in comfort mine rubbles at low rpm.

saw my first new e63 today in Cambridge, it drove past me. No v8 burble at all, very disappointing. Even in comfort mine rubbles at low rpm.
Maybe the driver was doing a good job adhering to AMG's strictures regarding (as their translation goes) "breaking" the car in, for up to 2000 miles. Believe me, switch the performance exhaust on, move to Sport+ mode, put your foot down and it will burble, pop and wake the neighbours two streets away.

Flooring it obviously makes is louder, I was talking about low rpm. It was like a c43 that occasionally drives past me at around 30mph. Nothing.

They are certainly not the quietest car on the road, though they can be driven relatively sedately. I drive mine "carefully" in towns and traffic so it's reasonably quiet. This usually means "C Mode" and very low revs. Press a couple of switches though and it changes character completely. It's not as loud as my last one (not much was to be fair after all the mods) though it still turns heads if you're not careful. :)

I was in the local dealers again yesterday. They had a new E63 saloon in briefly in the show room a month or two ago, but the service manager mentioned that they had to buy the car back from the customer due to a production problem. Didn't really give an indication what area it was, but implied it was not an isolated incident. Must be a pretty serious problem. (My moneys on the RHD 4matic conversion refinement)

While I was waiting in the sun outside, a C63s rolled up at low speed. Sounded great.

For what it's worth, I ordered mine in the second week in April, it went into build on the 5th May. At first it was to arrive on the 23rd but arrived safe and sound at the dealer yesterday following a short delay at Zebrugge. I am collecting it Monday. If I had insisted on the AMG night pack, that I originally wanted, then they said it would have been delayed by a good few months. I am obviously happy enough but also hope that the apparent log jam is moving for others.

Picked it up as they promised, I am very satisfied with the service I received of course what has happened here is terrible.. I hope they sort the problems for you and others. Where I collected from was like an airport longststay full of new Mercs so some are getting here..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom