E63S - Delivery Delays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickE63S

Car
E63S, Maserati Granturismo , Polo GTI , Morris Minor 1964
Back in mid August I decided to desert Jaguar after 19 years with XFRs and XJRs, because they have become an SUV company and there appears no prospect of new high performance 4wd saloons coming along anytime soon.

So I ordered an E63S, with a suggested delivery in January 18. January came along, and with little solid information coming from the dealer I contacted AMG customer service, and received assurance of a mid-Feb build. So mid-Feb I disposed of the XFR, only to be told days later that the mid-Feb build had moved to late February. I later received confirmation from the dealer that the car was indeed built late February.

Enquiries today reveal that the car is in fact not built, and I have been given a new build date of March 23rd.

At best this might be classed as incompetence, but I rather fear I am being lied to. Not a good start with Mercedes.

Anyone else having similar problems with the E63/E63s?

Apparently the delays have been caused by a lack of availability of certain parts, particularly from China, the wide screen dash being one of them.

I'm not 100% sure of this as it's only what I've read elsewhere, though I believe that it's now all sorted and production is back to something like normal. Whilst this is good for me, as it makes mine a little more exclusive, I appreciate that it can be frustrating dealing with a sales team who are only drip fed certain amounts of information from MB, certainly not enough to appease potential customers.

I agree that there should be more information forthcoming but this probably won't happen in reality. Welcome to the wonderful world of Mercedes Benz. :)

A friend of mine and his work colleague ordered two E63S’s with original delivery dates of end of Feb, but after being pushed back twice (now April), have cancelled and bought an RS6 and RS5 respectively. The RS5 is already sat on his drive and the RS6 is due this week.

Back in mid August I decided to desert Jaguar after 19 years with XFRs and XJRs, because they have become an SUV company and there appears no prospect of new high performance 4wd saloons coming along anytime soon.

So I ordered an E63S, with a suggested delivery in January 18. January came along, and with little solid information coming from the dealer I contacted AMG customer service, and received assurance of a mid-Feb build. So mid-Feb I disposed of the XFR, only to be told days later that the mid-Feb build had moved to late February. I later received confirmation from the dealer that the car was indeed built late February.

Enquiries today reveal that the car is in fact not built, and I have been given a new build date of March 23rd.

At best this might be classed as incompetence, but I rather fear I am being lied to. Not a good start with Mercedes.

Anyone else having similar problems with the E63/E63s?

In case the frustration gets the better of you, have a look at Mercedes-Benz | New Car Locator in case there is an E63s sitting somewhere which suits your requirements.

Same boat. If I had known it would take this long I would have ordered something else, like 10 Dacia Logan’s.

I ordered my C63S estate last August and it was delivered 3 weeks ago, 3 month delay, the dealer kept the August trade in deal and gave me the next service free.

I ordered my C63S estate last August and it was delivered 3 weeks ago, 3 month delay, the dealer kept the August trade in deal and gave me the next service free.

Well worth waiting for I imagine. I feel for the OP’er but patience will pay off. It’s the car you wanted. So hang in there and it’ll be worth it. Sounds like a long wait but time passes by quickly

I still have no delivery date for my E63S, despite 18th April being 8 months since my order. I have requested a delivery date at the highest level within MB Europe, and I have been answered with evasiveness and platitudes:
'Unfortunately there are currently delays on cars being released from Sindelfingen due to a block at the factory. During this block further quality assurance checks are being completed on cars being manufactured from this plant. These checks are in place to ensure that all cars are being manufactured to our standards. Once there is an update on when you can expect the delivery of your new Mercedes E 63 AMG S Mercedes-Benz ......... will contact you' 12th April
'Unfortunately we are still unable to confirm the expected delivery date for the car due to a block at the factory in Sindelfingen. What we can say is that the car is due to have its final checks on the 19th April 2018. Following this the car will then start to make its way to the United Kingdom.' 16th April
'Regarding your question as to whether you will be advised when the car has passed the quality control, our information is not transmitted in this way. The next information we will receive is a date where the car is expected at the port for transportation to the United Kingdom.' 17th April
So to summarise - since joining this board on 13th March, I have no better idea of when my car will be delivered. I'll get it when I get it. I hope the car is indeed 5 star, because the customer service is pitiful.

I honestly can’t even comprehend why people put up with this type of customer service; I’d have cancelled the order the minute they started with the pissy excuses, I’m afraid the only way to make companies like this learn is to hit them in the wallet.

I honestly can’t even comprehend why people put up with this type of customer service; I’d have cancelled the order the minute they started with the pissy excuses, I’m afraid the only way to make companies like this learn is to hit them in the wallet.

But then you’re cancelling a car that you’ve set your heart on?

Cutting your nose off to spite your face.

'Unfortunately there are currently delays on cars being released from Sindelfingen due to a block at the factory. During this block further quality assurance checks are being completed on cars being manufactured from this plant. These checks are in place to ensure that all cars are being manufactured to our standards.

I read that as, "we have discovered a major issue in a component/construction of these cars that would likely cause a recall to correct. As that would eat into our profit and credibility - you're just going to have to wait until we've sorted it"

Personally - I think good things are worth waiting for, especially if you are planning on keeping them for a while.

Exactly, and further more, the odd handful people who cancel the order will have zero influence on the company, because someone else will buy it

How long would you wait on top of the delivery date? Three weeks? Three months? A year?

You’d still be happy if you were given a date, you sell your car to align with that date only to be left car-less for an indeterminate amount of time?

Exactly, and further more, the odd handful people who cancel the order will have zero influence on the company, because someone else will buy it
Exotic car manufacturers like Ferrari and Porsche do this on purpose, limiting supply etc to create a demand; what they don’t do is **** up an order then expect their customers to think there’s some mystique to it, they just screwed up!

How long would you wait on top of the delivery date? Three weeks? Three months? A year?

You’d still be happy if you were given a date, you sell your car to align with that date only to be left car-less for an indeterminate amount of time?

I’d wait as long as it took to get the car I wanted. Hardly the end of the world.

Not in the same league as you but I ordered a C43 wagon back in January and was told I’d have it early March, I’m still waiting for confirmation of a delivery date. The dealer keeps saying a date and then states that it’s still sitting in Germany. I’ve a feeling it hasn’t been made yet but I just get bullshit from the dealer.
It’s the fact that they let me get to within a week or so of a so called delivery date to then put it back again when I’ve got myself all worked up and excited, it’s really peeing me off now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom