E63S - Delivery Delays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine has been sitting at Zeebrugge for 3 weeks now, awaiting “extra QC checks”. My original delivery date was mid-April, then late Feb, then early, mid and late March, then finally 18th April. I called on the 15th to get a time slot at the dealers for collection, and was told it’s still in Zeebrugge, and that they couldn’t give me any estimation as to when they might receive it, as it was entirely down to MB Logistics now.

The thought of cancelling grows stronger with every passing day.

Mine has been sitting at Zeebrugge for 3 weeks now, awaiting “extra QC checks”.
This sort of thing is not unique to MB.

A neighbour of mine works for BMW MINI & he spent 5 weeks at a US port last year overseeing rectification work on a batch of cars before they were shipped to the dealers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just been sent a definite delivery date of the 30th so next Monday and I can pick the car up from Tuesday, I’m awaiting to see if that’s a definite though as I trust no one at the moment.

I ended up cancelling my original order last May and then got a better deal at another dealership and ordered again on August (having already parted with my previous car in anticipation of a September delivery!) Have had the car a week now and it’s worth the wait though. 900 miles on the clock so almost at launch control testing time ;-)

Suddenly a call late last week to say it's on it's way - and pickup scheduled for May 3rd. Almost the same gestation period as a human being - but looking forward NOW TO GETTING IT. Only two more sleeps......

Fantastic. Make sure and let us all see some pictures of the beast.

She's here and about 250 miles on the clock having got back from Grimsby last night. One picture attached from the garage. My IPhone doesn't really do it justice, my wife's away with better ones from outside the building.

She's black, black wheels and nightpack obviously - so black really. It feels a quantum leap ahead of the XFR in every department. Torture to keep to the running-in guidelines, so apologies for the short post I'm just off for a long drive for no reason whatsoever.....

.IMG_4894.JPG

So....ok reflection, was the Grimsby Carwow discount with the wait?

So....ok reflection, was the Grimsby Carwow discount with the wait?

Was the Carwow discount worth the wait? I did not get the impression that using Carwow incurred a wait - the process certainly felt the same as using the dealer normally, and tales from this and other boards would attest to everybody having similar frustrating delays with this particular model. You have any evidence that cheaper cars come slower? Because the discount through Carwow was very significantly better than any of my local dealers offered.

Was the Carwow discount worth the wait? I did not get the impression that using Carwow incurred a wait - the process certainly felt the same as using the dealer normally, and tales from this and other boards would attest to everybody having similar frustrating delays with this particular model. You have any evidence that cheaper cars come slower? Because the discount through Carwow was very significantly better than any of my local dealers offered.

It was an honest question, as I was interested to know your feedback. I pride myself on the personal AMG Expert service I provide, so it’s helpful to know what’s going on elsewhere.

It doesn’t sound like you’ve had a normal dealership experience to me. We’ve factory order two E63S recently and both arrived in less than 4 months, including options that were restricted.

Can anyone find out why my GTR is delayed??

Your selling dealer. They’ll be able to find out

Your selling dealer. They’ll be able to find out

They won’t say. It was 5th May production and I rang to see if it had started and they just said it’s now 4th June product. No reason which is frustrating and lucky I rang to check. I’ve had the deposit down for 2 years now

They won’t say. It was 5th May production and I rang to see if it had started and they just said it’s now 4th June product. No reason which is frustrating and lucky I rang to check. I’ve had the deposit down for 2 years now

It’s a model that tends to have about a 2-3 week production delay quite often. It’ll be fine

Because the discount through Carwow was very significantly better than any of my local dealers offered.
Carwow has put a fair few dealers nose’s out of joint; you weren’t the first and I doubt you’ll be the last to use them for a great deal.

PM if you’d prefer to keep it off the forum but what percentage discount did you get if you don’t mind me asking?

This is the fourth time I have used Carwow, and I’ve never had a problem with them.

Like NickE63S, I also accepted an offer from MB of Grimsby, and I think, all things considered, they have been great to deal with.

I have had issues with the length of time it has taken to get my car, but that’s nothing to do with the dealership or Carwow. It took a couple of months to get a build slot allocated (I ordered mid-September, and received my allocation on 1st December). The subsequent delays have been entirely down to the factory, and the additional QC checks in Zeebrugge. If it was down to Carwow or the dealership I doubt MB UK would have sent me a C63S to play with until mine arrives.

If dealers don’t like Carwow, then they’re not obliged to use it. No dealers local to me we’re prepared to offer me any sort of discount, so I’m more than happy to travel up to Grimsby to take advantage of the 11.6% discount they gave me.

If dealers don’t like Carwow, then they’re not obliged to use it.
A lot of dealers are squealing because it’s cutting into their margins, don’t blame them to be honest, but if they don’t adapt to “new” ways of selling like Carwow then they won’t be around long.

No dealers local to me we’re prepared to offer me any sort of discount, so I’m more than happy to travel up to Grimsby to take advantage of the 11.6% discount they gave me.
Judging by experience, and what business associates tell me, Mercedes Grimsby looks to have taken the bull by the horns and really gone for it with the likes of Carwow. I envisage a day where there’ll only be online showrooms and test-drive warehouses where all you literally do is go and test drive the car before putting your order in online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom