E63s door alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BDiChopper

Car
E63s
Evening all,

My E63s passenger side door is not flush with the rear door (the drivers door is).

Does anyone know if there any adjustments I can make?

Thanks,
Mike

You can adjust the door by moving the catch plate on the door pillar - slacken off the bolts and move plate in or out as required.

How long have you had the car and where did you get it from.
If I was you, I'd be taking it back for the seller to deal with, unless of course it was a private sale.

Poor accident repair?

Yes, I agree with all this. I will probably speak to the company tomorrow - but they are 200 miles+ from me.
Many thanks for all of your input on this. I am a bit worried it has been repaired. Not sure how to check that really?

How long have you had the car and where did you get it from.
If I was you, I'd be taking it back for the seller to deal with, unless of course it was a private sale.
I've had it less than a month and it was from Phantom Motor Company Ltd.

Given time that’s elapsed, don’t be surprised to get no joy from them.

Yes, I agree with all this. I will probably speak to the company tomorrow - but they are 200 miles+ from me.
Many thanks for all of your input on this. I am a bit worried it has been repaired. Not sure how to check that really?
Best you can do is get an HPI check, that way you'll at least see if it was repaired via insurance

Well aligning a door is no big deal,it used to be quiet common 40 years ago,but door design has come on since then hence the posts saying it should not happen or take it back, you already have the advice to slightly alter the catch plate,I would also open the door all the way and check the hinge,the car sales you bought the car from is a fair distance away and given their name may well have vanished :D

The selling dealer has pretty good reviews on Google so the OP has a couple of options.
Contact the seller, and if they agree to fix it, return the car to them but expect to pay for probably £80+ of fuel to do the return trip.
Or, find a good local bodyshop and ask them to realign the door for you. It will probably work out cheaper that way.

How old is the car ??
Do u get any noises from the door hinges when opening or closing ?

How old is the car ??
Do u get any noises from the door hinges when opening or closing ?
Hiya,
No noticeable noises, no reported accidents and no spray signs. Possible like it for a long time - maybe it is just me and my OCD! No one else notices it, until I point it out.

I know a good independent in Kent who could probably adjust the door for you. I know some have said that you shouldn't need to but Mercedes aren't the brand they used to be and misalignment from the factory probably does happen ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom