E63S edition one trigger pulled

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snipez999

Car
2018MY E63S AMG
Got my order in on one of these wee beasties. Decided against all the driver assistance packs to plomp for the rawer model. Traded my S63 coupe which was fantastic but how can one turn down >600bhp with AWD? Pics to follow in early September (I hope!)

What colour did you go for and what trim? Astonishing looking car - bet you're excited.

The E1 only comes in grey or black so I went for
the magna (?) Matt black. It's edition one trim so lots of yellow edging, different wheels, carbon interior etc. I'd be more excited if the dealer were able to confirm my build date. Should know more end of the month; still good for sept delivery I guess.

Seems there are some production delays around dashboard screens and sunroofs so I'm waiting for monthly updates on build slot availability now. September looking doubtful :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quality really is an issue these days isnt it... so many places are on hold, or recalls or premature failure of parts.

Seems so odd!

congrats!!! Amazing car!

Amazing car, really not a fan of the Matt paint and yellow accents though but as long as you're happy!

Seems there are some production delays around dashboard screens and sunroofs so I'm waiting for monthly updates on build slot availability now. September looking doubtful :-(

What spec have you gone for above the edition 1?

Not a lot. That's what dealer tells me and I don't suppose they want to wait around for 100k(?!)

Can you please tell me exactly what?

It's not the extras which are the delay its supply of the twin dash screens and sunroof which are standard in that model now.

It's not the extras which are the delay its supply of the twin dash screens and sunroof which are standard in that model now.

That makes no sense at all. They either have an E63 build slot or not. If they're standard, all E63 build slots will automatically have those options on already

Ok so ended up sacking off one dealer and re-ordering with another. Same supply issue so am now told my build date is 23 feb and delivery 15 March (ish). Binned the Edition 1 in the end and went for the driver assistance pack on the ‘standard’ E63 S instead. Selenite magna grey still a stunning colour despite the price tag though. Best bit was the drivers pack (removal of 155mph limit) now a no cost option ;-). Not long to wait now......

Twin screens and sunroof delayed your original order on the ED1 !!
I ordered mine in August and picked it up in December. As JBD says, they probably didn’t have a build slot for a E63.

I did suspect a modicum of dealer BS was involved :-( I mean, how can they really expect to keep you on board/interested for nigh on a year without use of incentives? In a way I'm glad it happened though as I'll feel 'safer' with the drivers assistance pack, and the drivers pack is now no-cost option so swings and roundabouts. Thankfully I've had the Navara to drive round in since p'ex'ing the S63 coupe (else I would have been really pi55ed!) Would love to see a few pics of a grey magno in the flesh if you can, 7oddy?

I’ll get some pictures posted as soon as I can.
I’m travelling back from Malaysia today, collect my car from the dealer on Friday, then straight over to get the front PPF installed and a ceramic coating on the rest of the car. Hopefully I can get some before and after pics.

If you are happy with the way it’s all turned out then that’s all that matters. Distronic is great, but in my opinion lane assist is a PITT’s. It’s turned off in the wife’s car.

I sacrificed Distronic for the ED1 interior, some days I wish it hadn’t, but overall IMO the performance seats and yellow stitching are worth it.

Navara, haha. How coincidental, I’ve just got rid of mine due to chassis corrosion. Nissan buy back.

There you go.
I was restricted for room when taking these pictures, but you can still see the paint colour fine.

IMG_0316_-_Edited.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

Amazing looking car. Erm, apart from those black decals on the bottoms of the doors which look awful (imho of course). Are they standard on an E63?

They are standard on the Edition 1, although you can have them deleted as an option.

Yes, it is a matter of opinion and taste. I didn’t like them at first but they grew on me not long after getting my C63 Ed1, so I opted for them again on the E63 Ed1.

Edition 507 also have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom