E63S Gets Its Gtechniq Treatment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
Russ and Harry at Midlands Car Care (Walsall) gave my car "the treatment" over the last few days.

This is the second E63 of mine they've applied Gtechniq products to :thumb:.

Gtechniq Smart Surface Science |

Basically, the car is cleaned, degreased, two stage polished and then sealed, meaning cleaning is easy and polishing/waxing is a thing of the past :cool:.

This time I had Crystal Serum/Exo on the paint, C5 on the wheels/calipers and exhaust tips, G1 on the glass, and T1 on the tyres.

I've selected a few shots from the 60 or so they provided, showing only part of the process.

It begins:

All wheels off and cleaned, with C5 applied to wheels and calipers:

A before and after on the paintwork - the lights show the swirls etc. and this car is just 12 months old/9000 miles:

Application of Crystal Serum:

Work in progress:

Collection day:

Last edited:
Looks stunning!!
Just as an fyi, the C5 I applied to the Picanto wheels (seriously!) in October is still working as well as when it was applied - some good products.

Thanks Ted.

I had C5 on the wheels on the last one and it was working well when I sold the car.

The hearse is looking good John. Looks well worth the expense and effort:thumb:.

Looks stunning, you must be very pleased John :thumb:

Matt

The hearse is looking good John. Looks well worth the expense and effort:thumb:.

It's just so easy to return it to this finish now Roger - and no polish/wax to buy and faff about with.

Absolutely stunning and the choice on wheel colour looks to have paid off.

The new bus is looking sharp John - very nice indeed:thumb:

My old bus is in for a quick freshen up and top up of the coatings with Ed at Divine Detail the end of this week. Can't wait to get it back on the road as it's been out of action for a couple of weeks having front bumper painted to ease my pain of looking at all the stone chips:wallbash::D

Looking good John. I take it that all the stone chip protection's now been removed from the front of it? It must look better for that alone.

I keep thinking about having mine done, but I'd miss the polishing and cleaning which I still fine therapeutic for some reason. :)

Looks stunning....Now get those Weistec Turbos installed

Looking good John. I take it that all the stone chip protection's now been removed from the front of it? It must look better for that alone.

I keep thinking about having mine done, but I'd miss the polishing and cleaning which I still fine therapeutic for some reason. :)

The stone chip protection is still there Dave - it just doesn't show on the photos.

I almost had it removed, but I'm working on the basis that it's better than a bonnet covered in chips.

The stone chip protection is still there Dave - it just doesn't show on the photos.

I almost had it removed, but I'm working on the basis that it's better than a bonnet covered in chips.

I reckon the protection film is best left in place John. I know it creates a line across the bonnet, but as you say better than risking stone chips, especially on a black car. It's a shame they didn't extend the film protection over the whole bonnet as it wouldn't be as obvious then.

I'm actually thinking of getting film applied to the front of mine, but probably just the bumper.

Here you go Simon, not quite as subtle as some, but would do the job. :)

Practically invisible too. Oh...hang on. :D

2FE91E1D-F5E3-4112-8CE2-8B2B2244A62D_1.jpg

The new bus is looking sharp John - very nice indeed:thumb:

My old bus is in for a quick freshen up and top up of the coatings with Ed at Divine Detail the end of this week. Can't wait to get it back on the road as it's been out of action for a couple of weeks having front bumper painted to ease my pain of looking at all the stone chips:wallbash::D

Ed does all of my cars and worked wonders on my 205 in particular.

Oh my! I don't have the words, except I'm very envious as it ticks all the right box's.

Would love to see it in the flesh at some time.

Did I mention it looks stunning.......

Lovely!

So machine polishing (twice) to remove the swirls etc, then sealing. I might try this on one of my old buses soon.

John, your E63s looks awesome!

Looks great John :thumb::thumb:

Wow! That looks stunning! Can't wait to see it next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom