E63S low 'trade' value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WBAC offered for my 2020 E63S 62.000. Well offered, more like quoted. Mercedes dealer offered 55k whereas a used car dealer took it in as part exchange for a 26k car with overall value of 60k. So WBAC was certainly highest offer but no idea how much they would have given me. Issue was as well that the car had PPF that was scratches so the cheapest option was to take it off so the dealer that took it charged me for that pleasure. I was more shocked about the value Mercedes offered. Their online valuation put it on 60k too and when the sales guy rang he said 60k is retail so he won’t pay that but has to go down to 55k

I must say WBAC is not bad. I sold my late mothers car to them. Online evaluation was 6200 and when they saw the car they paid 7900.

I actually regret going to a dealer as that was a pain in the bleep. Two weeks in and I still don’t have my balance of the part exchange (over 30k) whereas WBAC pays same day.
My goodness; in the current market those offers really surprise me. I would have been tempted had I known you were selling at that sort of price.

I actually regret going to a dealer as that was a pain in the bleep. Two weeks in and I still don’t have my balance of the part exchange (over 30k) whereas WBAC pays same day.
When I sold my C300 to a local Mercedes dealer, it took them a while to pay me. I thought it would be an instant payment (like they expect from us) before I left but I had a taxi outside the dealership waiting to take me to buy my next car as it had left me without transport so left the c300 and waited for payment. I wouldn't sell to that particular dealer again and when I was recently coming back to MB, I didn't consider that dealership.

My goodness; in the current market those offers really surprise me. I would have been tempted had I known you were selling at that sort of price.
I didn’t advertise privately because I just cannot imagine anyone going through a transaction privately without the commercial protection and or warranty etc. I certainly wouldn’t.

Especially not at that value.

I suspect they're hoping to sell it before they pay you...
Before that happens they’d have a letter from a solicitor in their inbox.

I didn’t advertise privately because I just cannot imagine anyone going through a transaction privately without the commercial protection and or warranty etc. I certainly wouldn’t.

The risk is much lower during the new car warranty period but as you say, it’s not for everyone.

Why not it's easy be it £1 or £100k, same procedure.

That's outrageous...when I was selling cars or even now I'm selling caravans and if we do an "upside down deal" we transfer the cash immediately in the punters account. I would not have left their premises without my money.
Try leaving the garage without paying for their car and see how far you get!

WBAC offered for my 2020 E63S 62.000. Well offered, more like quoted. Mercedes dealer offered 55k whereas a used car dealer took it in as part exchange for a 26k car with overall value of 60k. So WBAC was certainly highest offer but no idea how much they would have given me. Issue was as well that the car had PPF that was scratches so the cheapest option was to take it off so the dealer that took it charged me for that pleasure. I was more shocked about the value Mercedes offered. Their online valuation put it on 60k too and when the sales guy rang he said 60k is retail so he won’t pay that but has to go down to 55k

I must say WBAC is not bad. I sold my late mothers car to them. Online evaluation was 6200 and when they saw the car they paid 7900.

Did you try motorway at that time? I have looked at quite a few E63S' and motorway always quoted much higher compared to WBAC. Do you mind let me know what sort of mileage on your sold E63s?
I'm now also considering a M5C which looks like much easier to shift thorough WBAC/motorway, only need to convince my wife and kid on the no sunroof part...

Motorway was about 6k less than WBAC actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom