E63S ..... Or E63S

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
From 'which one do I get' to be in my driveway is a bit surreal.
Hi How did you find "Tyre Noise" was it loud?. What tyres did yours come with, thanks.

Pirelli MO1 (Special AMG tires) that may or may not be run flat lol. They are loud and when cold, pushing / sliding forwards where you think your bushings are wrecked. Not happy with those tbh. But given the cost of a new set I may wait. Or clean the garage and put them in storage somewhere and get other ones. Not sure. Right now I am not going far so it doesn't bother me too much.

My car also came with Pirelli P zero MO1, but I was told that they were not run flat by the tyre place that replaced them recently.
I hated them, especially during the cold spell we had earlier in the year, for example the end of a motorway on one of my regular journeys is a roundabout.
In cold weather, when the road is damp/greasy in particular, the car will do a 4 wheel slide a few inches at something like 25 or so mph.

They are noisy as hell on anything but a perfectly surfaced road.
I said this to the tyre place, he said they are a tyre most definitely suited to a warmer climate.
I've heard nothing but people saying bad things about them, but we live and learn. I'll not have them on the car again.

My car also came with Pirelli P zero MO1, but I was told that they were not run flat by the tyre place that replaced them recently.
I hated them, especially during the cold spell we had earlier in the year, for example the end of a motorway on one of my regular journeys is a roundabout.
In cold weather, when the road is damp/greasy in particular, the car will do a 4 wheel slide a few inches at something like 25 or so mph.

They are noisy as hell on anything but a perfectly surfaced road.
I said this to the tyre place, he said they are a tyre most definitely suited to a warmer climate.
I've heard nothing but people saying bad things about them, but we live and learn. I'll not have them on the car again.
Thanks they would not be on my car long. I hate tyre rnoise and the A11 is a f***ing noisey road to start with.

Indeed. Already contemplating changing those. Just hard to spend a grand to swap new tyres lol. Tempted trying to sell the old ones.

Indeed. Already contemplating changing those. Just hard to spend a grand to swap new tyres lol. Tempted trying to sell the old ones.
EBAY, someone will buy them, I will check what tyres are on the one I am looking at; Selinite Grey with Macchiato Beige leather all extras new.

Advertise them in the Classified on the forum.
Not a Pirelli lover myself either but given a good deal, someone will be interested.

You’ve just dropped, what £70k, on the car, a few £k on paint and PPF but dont want to spend out on tyres to make it right for you? Weird priorities.

Lovley car and yes i am a tad jealous. I was reading in this month’s Mercedes Enthusiast mag the test of the saloon which does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and 0-100 in 7 seconds?.

You’ve just dropped, what £70k, on the car, a few £k on paint and PPF but dont want to spend out on tyres to make it right for you? Weird priorities.

Lovley car and yes i am a tad jealous. I was reading in this month’s Mercedes Enthusiast mag the test of the saloon which does 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and 0-100 in 7 seconds?.

@greenmanslk haha just because I just spent 80k+ doesn't mean I can't hate wasting money because Mercedes put shite tyres on lol. Its about storage until sold, finding a covid friendly garage and so on.

I’m sure MB spend a lot of time developing a fine car...,then deliberately ruin it with shite tyres...

I think depreciation will put £1k on tyres in perspective...

I’m sure MB spend a lot of time developing a fine car...,then deliberately ruin it with shite tyres...

I think depreciation will put £1k on tyres in perspective...
Those pirelli tyres are poor, they don't suit this car in the colder, wetter climate we endure.
Do a search on here regarding pirelli tyres, you'll find many folks do not rate them very highly

Got it nowhere. In fact. When I picked it up I struggled to find a pump with more than 95

Closest shell is 40 Mike round trip
I’m case there’s one nearby, Tesco do 99 RON fuel too.

Pirelli MO1 (Special AMG tires) that may or may not be run flat lol. They are loud and when cold, pushing / sliding forwards where you think your bushings are wrecked. Not happy with those tbh. But given the cost of a new set I may wait. Or clean the garage and put them in storage somewhere and get other ones. Not sure. Right now I am not going far so it doesn't bother me too much.
Which size and tread pattern are they? I suspect they need a little heat in them too work as intended.

Michelin 4s :thumb: :thumb:

Michelin 4s are the ones 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom