E63S ..... Or E63S

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, I went with my gut and bought the black one. Something doesn't sit right with the grey. So the first thing I noticed was that it was dirty on the pictures.
Then it was owned by a private person. This isn't the biggest issue as the black one was driven as well - although by the director of the dealer rather than a private person. Does it make a difference ? I don't know, probably not.

But the whole process of even getting an appointment was putting me off. The digital team agreed an appointment and when I rang asking if that was confirmed, the assigned sales person didn't even know me, got my name wrong and wasn't even sure what car I put the deposit down for.

In fact, it all felt rushed. Even trying to get answer as to what payments they accept was like going through molasses.

Anyway, thinking about it doesn't feel right - so I went with the black one.

Now the black one does seem to have the 3-zone Aircon after all. It just seems they don't do the comfort pack on its own anymore so it appears on a different section on the Oasis report. It also got those adaptive lights (same reason I didn't spot it).

Main differences bar the mileage and age: HUD with grey, new steering wheel with black (which btw seems impossible to retrofit).

So it really came down to the sales person. The process so far was fantastic with the black so if all goes well, I'll be picking it up Friday. Most papers are eSigned and just waiting for the confirmation of time to pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, I am in the hunt for the AMG E63S estate, never driven on yet would like to know what sort of economy I should expect with out of town driving. I have the BMW F90 M5 comp and that's good @ 25/26 MPG.
I have a Metallic Black one in mind which is at the Docks at the moment, Black not being my preferred choice but this one is at the right money and has the latest gear on it.
Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the hijack made another thread.

Hi All, I am in the hunt for the AMG E63S estate, never driven on yet would like to know what sort of economy I should expect with out of town driving. I have the BMW F90 M% comp and that's good @ 25/26 MPG.
I have a Metallic Black one in mind which is at the Docks at the moment, Black not being my preferred choice but this one is at the right money and has the latest gear on it.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Probably worth opening your own thread rather than hijacking a 'pre-sales' thread. You'll have more luck that way.

Ok, I went with my gut and bought the black one. Something doesn't sit right with the grey. So the first thing I noticed was that it was dirty on the pictures.
Then it was owned by a private person. This isn't the biggest issue as the black one was driven as well - although by the director of the dealer rather than a private person. Does it make a difference ? I don't know, probably not.

But the whole process of even getting an appointment was putting me off. The digital team agreed an appointment and when I rang asking if that was confirmed, the assigned sales person didn't even know me, got my name wrong and wasn't even sure what car I put the deposit down for.

In fact, it all felt rushed. Even trying to get answer as to what payments they accept was like going through molasses.

Anyway, thinking about it doesn't feel right - so I went with the black one.

Now the black one does seem to have the 3-zone Aircon after all. It just seems they don't do the comfort pack on its own anymore so it appears on a different section on the Oasis report. It also got those adaptive lights (same reason I didn't spot it).

Main differences bar the mileage and age: HUD with grey, new steering wheel with black (which btw seems impossible to retrofit).

So it really came down to the sales person. The process so far was fantastic with the black so if all goes well, I'll be picking it up Friday. Most papers are eSigned and just waiting for the confirmation of time to pick it up.

Right, agreement signed, deposit paid, Friday 100% pickup - can't wait.

I was never fussed by HUD until I had it now absolutely love it. Not just about reading dash but having all sat nav directions straight in front is so easy.

Yea that's mostly the case isn't it :)

Just didn't feel right to go with a car I am not really comfortable with for the sake of a HUD.

Plus I just love the new steering wheel so I prefer that :)

Never had a HUD so not missing anything lol

Just didn't feel right to go with a car I am not really comfortable with for the sake of a HUD.

Looking forward to your findings, roll on Friday.;)

Enjoy your new car, I’m sure it will be fantastic.

4:30pm .. Can't wait .. just got the 'handover' - virtual .. via video ... lol
I'm sure you can't wait at all, and most probably the time will drag in.
Its a shame you only get a virtual hand over, but I'd say you're not that bothered, just wishing for the next 7 hours to go real quick.

Have fun :D

Haha thanks. Yea not that bothered. Shame it's raining here now lol.

The selenite one for me due to colour and spec, but I would keep the original wheel. Better suits the cars nature imho. But then I am old (ish)

Hi,
Sounds like a great car that you have chosen.
Good luck with the collection - don’t forget to check it out thoroughly before final handover signature and take loads of photos!
Look forward to seeing it.
Cheers
Steve

Only 99 Shell V Power :wallbash:;)

Got it nowhere. In fact. When I picked it up I struggled to find a pump with more than 95

Closest shell is 40 Mike round trip

Congratulations OP. Enjoy threads like this. Almost feels like we are sharing in your dilema and subsequent joy. Personally, love it when evident Petrolheads buy something, even though I cannot justify it.

She is almost home. But man she is effin fast. More pictures tomorrow.
View attachment 97482
That's all I can get too, no such thing as v power, or the likes in northern Ireland. 97 is the highest here.

Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom