E63s W213 vs M3 F80

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ohmz52

Car
E63S
Happy new year all,

I was on a stretch of road in my e63s w213. My mate was beside me in his stock 2015 M3 F80 (425bhp/550nm), we both floored it at the same time while side by side and I wasn’t getting away as fast as I thought I would have.

I thought that the E would have gapped the M3 instantly by about 4-5 cars length. It was a rolling race about 25mph to about 90mph and while I was faster, he was still very much by my side.

The E was warm and so were the tyres, I was in race mode and car selected first gear and was ready to go. Had no wheel spin, running new P zero tyres and serviced 400 miles ago. The car feels extremely fast when driving normally but very shocked at why I didn’t obliterate the M3 like I imagined I would have.

Any ideas? (and none of the it’s the driver not the car stuff pls)

Thanks in advance, currently experiencing a massively hurt ego

400 Kg lighter and I thought 2nd gear would be best at 25mph....
Agree with the weight but this is ‘The E63s’ supposedly super car killer and I’m getting played by a RWD M3! The E has 300NM and 190BHP more!

Well noted on gear, when in Race mode the car only shifts once it hits the redline which is why it was in 1st gear as it was ready to go...

Get your E63S remapped.:D The M3 is a quick car but still slower on a 0-60 run.

Get your E63S remapped.:D The M3 is a quick car but still slower on a 0-60 run.
I’m contemplating selling it and getting an M5 if I’m honest. I wouldn’t remap as I’ve got 2yrs warranty lol

Without a doubt the 0-60 on E is brutal and not many will match that but on rolling race it was embarrassing

The E63S is supposed to be quicker than the M5 as well, unless you get the competition pack;)

And no BMW will sound as good!

Also to add, I was tanked on 95Ron regular unleaded as the premium stuff had run out

If you both actually started at the same time (Quite hard to do and small differences have an impact). Your car on 98 RON is less than a second faster from 25-90. 95 Ron is going to also affect things. Even on 98 Ron 5 car lengths in less than 5 seconds would be a big difference. That would mean you would need to be well over 20mph faster at the end of the pull. In the same circumstances, when a 720s hit 90, the M3 would still be close to 75 and less than 3 car lengths behind :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Power to weight is key... (as well as mechanical grip of course).

That makes it 0-60 in 4.4 and 0-100 9.4 and 1/4 mile 12.33 Real life it's manged 3s, 7s and 11.1s respectively. But the official BHP figures would appear to be conservative, especially for the UK market.
Mercedes-Benz E 63 AMG S 4Matic+ W213 laptimes, specs, performance data - FastestLaps.com

weight driver fuel miles on the engine etc etc all variables

Given your experiance perhaps its not to far wrong... doh lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom