E63S - Which colour (that isn't black)

• Thread starter Deleted member 154425
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 154425

Hi Guys,

If all goes well and showrooms open again in June I shall be picking up my 2020 E63S (pre-reg). I put down the deposit AGES ago but now may actually be the day soon.
Anyway - it has all the options I wanted bar the colour. It doesn't come with the Night Pack - so lots of chrome - and it comes in boring black ...

I cannot decide what to do (still need to get quotes anyway) - wrap or topaz skin - and then - which colour?

I had an RS6 in purple - similar to JWW on Youtube - so I am trying to figure out how the E63S looks in that. Another idea was maybe Viola Parsifae (possible with Topaz skin) - but then again - might be too loud.

Khaki Green another .. REALLY cannot decide. Obviously with the lockdown there is still time to decide - plus a lot will depend on cost. What I like with Topaz is the fact it is self healing, whereas, whilst cheaper - with wrap you do it again in 3-5 years (I have yet to hear what the strip cost is).

I had a look through the picture thread - but I am getting similar results to google / youtube or instagram lol - majority seem to be standard colours.

ANY tips :) ?

Actually just got a quote from Topaz - I might be dropping satin PPF on the gloss black and de-chrome it a bit ... we shall see.

I might be dropping satin PPF on the gloss black and de-chrome it a bit ... we shall see.
That would be my choice, but your original post seemed to indicate that you were looking for something a little more stand out in a crowd/brighter than black.

I honestly don't know / didn't know. All my colour choices were for different cars really and now seeing the E63S live I think they don't REALLY work but I also don't want gloss / metallic black ... I spoke to Topaz earlier and received some picture samples going from metallic black to satin PPF - I think that will be my choice indeed.

Now I just need the show room to open to finalize this thing :)

Of course not every colour will look good on every car and FWIW I wouldn't have thought purple would be a colour that would suit a W213 unless it was a deep (almost Plum) purple. Save Viola Parsifae type colours for Lamborghini's and the like, they can carry it off.

Good luck and don't forget to post plenty of pictures when you are done.

Yea the cost of VP as Topaz Skin was beyond reach ... I will certainly post pictures and stuff .. just want to finally be able to go to the show room, see the car, run some numbers and take it home lol ...

Indeed ..... but then again I won't be the only one waiting ... they will have a one in one out policy of course so it might be a whole day thing - I think they need to release the guidance Thursday then hopefully I know more ... also need to talk to Topaz again to match up times and dates.

Whilst they do the pickup and drop off - one issue I have is my part exchange ... Not sure how to 'social distance' get home from either place ... either after drop off part exchange and then get to Topax, or get to and from Topaz ... Sigh ... first world problem lol ...

Then of course I could wait with the whole thing until this is over (the PPF thing that is) - but then again - by that time I probably have all sorts of scratches and chips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually just got a quote from Topaz - I might be dropping satin PPF on the gloss black and de-chrome it a bit ... we shall see.

I had my SL ppf'd and ceramic coated at Topaz, Over the moon with the results and they do go the extra mile. Love the way they radius the tight corners so the PPF fits perfectly and never use knives. Topaz also picked my car up direct from MB Milton keynes and I picked the car up from Topaz

kc

I noticed also how it enhances (from the look of things) sharp corners ... just amazing ...

I saw a GT63 S in khaki with black wheels last week, really didn’t like it, keep it for defenders, just my thoughts.

The E63S looks wonderful in Designo Selenite Grey Magno, it shows the curves and creases better than any other I’ve seen, making it look even more purposeful. If you’re changing the colour then definitely consider a satin grey.

A medium rich blue of some description - if you want OEM go for Designo Mauritius blue

The E63S looks wonderful in Designo Selenite Grey Magno, it shows the curves and creases better than any other I’ve seen, making it look even more purposeful. If you’re changing the colour then definitely consider a satin grey.

😉 👍

fG8B3GXh.jpg

Designo Mauritius blue

Obviously this is also matte, but it shows off the curves and creases as mentioned above.

V1g205Nh.jpg

Oh 100% agree. Those colours would have been my first choice. Over the last few days I have gotten a few quotes. Not entirely sure a colour change is on the books right now. I wouldn't want to make any compromises so the cost will just be astronomical. For example, a Topaz Skin - let's go with Viola Parsifae simply for the 'worst case' scenario point of view - price wise. We are looking at a price that reflects a normal respray - around £20k +VAT. If you want to make it look special including mirror finish you'd still have to have a decent detail to get rid of the orange peal. Yes it is self healing but if you still want to protect it, PPF / ceramic coating on top you'd probably looking at £25-30k just for that.

I just couldn't bring myself paying that. If you'd have a car worth a million quid I can 100% see that but not for this car.

Next colour change option is of course a wrap. The problem with that - you'd be looking at close to £10k for an estate anyway with the disadvantage of not having the same protection level or lifespan of PPF.

After a long call with several places including Topaz, I think a mild colour change can be indeed done by using satin PPF.

Example attached.

So with a no-going-mad detail (450+vat) and PPF (5500+vat) you get a colour change and protection and longevity for the price of a normal ish wrap.

Painting (not wrapping) of the chrome parts (car doesn't have dark option) is about 2500+vat.

Adding this you pay the same like you would with a decent wrap and quality. At yianni's you'd probably pay even more.

Attachments

• fe65f618-3ee2-4dd5-88f6-7a61c6cb30b1.JPG
    fe65f618-3ee2-4dd5-88f6-7a61c6cb30b1.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 12
As originally mentioned, I believe you are making the most sensible decision. The quotes you have been given are crazy and make it a no-brainer of the route you should choose.
The 213 E63s Edition 1 came with 2 paint options, one being Designo Selenite Grey Magno and the other was Designo Night Black Magno. Both finishes on closer inspection have a metallic flake and when the sun shines on it the flakes 'pop' changing it's appearance from that of darker days. Although a satin PPF won't give the same finish as Designo Night Black Magno it will be a very good compromise, with the added benefit of minor self healing abilities.

That price for de-chroming with paint seems quite high to me, I would also consider wrapping the chrome on your car. If you don't want the total murdered look, then how about satin PPF on the chrome. I believe this may be a nice subtle difference, taking away the bright chrome, but still giving a contrast against the black 🤔.

I have the night pack on mine, but Mercedes still left some chrome trim parts on it. Door handles (1980's style), boot belt line strip, badges and the blade on the front grille. I've already wrapped the grille in black, but I'm considering de-chroming the other parts with satin PPF as I believe it would be more subtle than black on my grey magno car.

Mmmm. Satin PPF on Chrome. Wonder if that was done before. Interesting idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom