E90 325i

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gchild

Car
C280 Sport
Still on my hunt for a used w204 or dare i say it, BMW.
Seen a nice looking 2007 325i m sport on auto trader. Was after a diesel but the spec of this one has tempted me instead.

Any members have experience of these motors? What sort of real world economy do 325i owners get? Are there an know issues to check for when checking out the car?

Before anyone asks I have posted on a Beemer forum but find it's not as good as this trusty one for advice!

I know that the 325i E92 is basically the old E46 330i engine, and its not economical by any means, will average 23mpg if your lucky but on saying that, its very good on the motorway. All BMW 6 bangers are great on the motorway actually.

The E92 330i engine with 270-something bhp drinks like a V8 according to a friend of mine who's had it for just under a year, he's averaging 19mpg in it but says on the motorway its capable of 35-38mpg. I'm not sure I believe it personally, but I've known him to be very realistic when he states figures.

My brother is driving an E46 325 i , he manages 27 mpg with mixed driving . I think his best mpg reading was 34 on a long motor way drive

Get the 2008 330i mate, you will see 10mpg more on every day driving.
That is the 272bhp version.

I had one for 2 days and did 498 miles on a tank, it returned 38mpg which I thought was amazing, my 335i would do 29 doing the same and my 535d would do 33mpg on that run.

Mate has the 325i coupe, 07 plate, and he is seeing 26mpg and that is what most people seem to get.

I have just sold my e90 (current shape) 330i (but mine was pre 07 so it had 258bhp not the efficient dynamic engine which now has 272bhp) and the average on the computer was just under 28mpg.
Incase you didn't know (but I'm sure you do) the 325 is still a 3 litre but in a slightly de tuned spec to the 330. With that I would definitely go for a 330 over the 325 as the added Power is lovely and worth it over the tiny mpg disadvantage.

It seems given the responses that the newer engine is more economical than the 325. Will look into this further. Thanks so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom