Ea52 osj ford fiesta

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JattAmg

Car
Sl65
The above fiesta is parked on a road with no insurance or mot it is taxed and has not moved for months

The police and dvla say it's a council issue the council say there is nothing they can do because it has tax, any idea how/who is responsible for removing the vehicle from the public highway?

I am quite shocked that despite all the above parties being fully aware of its status no one is interested!

Sounds like each side is using the relevant piece of the puzzle to shift the onus to the other.

No tax, the DVLA should come out and clamp it, as it's on a public access roadway. After a set period, if unclaimed/paid they remove and crush it. Apparently...

You could petition the council stating it's an environmental hazard (abandoned?) and could be the focus of ant-social behavior..

whitenemesis said:
No tax, the DVLA should come out and clamp it, as it's on a public access roadway. After a set period, if unclaimed/paid they remove and crush it. Apparently...

Taxed until December as above.

Taxed until December as above.

Sorry, missed that :eek:

I suppose if it's not driven the Police aren't likely to bother. The owner could be insured to drive it under another policy?

The police will only move it if it is causing an obstruction on the highway.

Funny that, because if it got pulled over it would have been towed away

Imagine what would happen if some youths pushed it into the road causing an obstruction?

^^^ They might well be seen doing it on someone's CCTV, and might then be done for obstructing the highway ;)

22mai2013---veiculo-queima-apos-disturbios-ocorridos-no-bairro-de-kista-em-estocolmo-suecia-na-madrugada-desta-quarta-feira-22-pelo-terceiro-dia-seguido-jovens-suecos-enfrentaram-a-policia-1369217070048_956x500.jpg

What's the issue? - There's a car parked-up that's taxed, but currently has nobody insured to drive it; the owner takes out insurance, and it's all good.

What's the issue? - There's a car parked-up that's taxed, but currently has nobody insured to drive it; the owner takes out insurance, and it's all good.

Good point.

Joking aside I wonder what the issue is, no doubt parked opposite someone's drive or some such.

Not sure I'd welcome an apparently abandoned vehicle parked by my home.

We did have a white van parked across the road a while back, didn't move for a week. Called the police, they did a drive by, van disappeared the next day..

I've always understood that if a car is on the public highway, then it has to be taxed and insured.

I was under the impression that regardless of where a car was parked, if it's taxed it has to be insured :)

If it has tax then I guess it has insurance. The owner may have a fleet type policy (motor trader?) or it could be an error on the insurance database - does happen.

What is the issue with the car itself, there must be another reason why you have checked the MOT etc out? :thumb:

Will said:
I was under the impression that regardless of where a car was parked, if it's taxed it has to be insured :) If it has tax then I guess it has insurance. The owner may have a fleet type policy (motor trader?) or it could be an error on the insurance database - does happen. What is the issue with the car itself, there must be another reason why you have checked the MOT etc out? :thumb:

Due to it not having moved for months/no mot/insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom