Ealing Council ticket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GH421

Car
W221 S320L Cdi
What's the rule for parking on a yellow line in a side street in Southall on a sunday?

With no signs anywhere about restrictions.

My appeal had been rejected due to "parking on single yellow is NOT permitted at anytime unless otherwise stated"

Are we looking at sillybuggers here?

my understanding is single yellow is ok, after 6.30 pm, but i could be wrong

my understanding is single yellow is ok, after 6.30 pm, but i could be wrong

No a single yellow simply means that at specified times waiting is permitted. There is no standard time - there should be a specific notice that indicates when waiting is permitted.

I think the OP has been caught on the basis that a single yellow by default means no waiting and the signage then provides permission rather than the other way round - that the road marking means parking may be allowed and the signage indicates the restriction.

Single yellow line must be accompanied by a sign giving the permitted times. Otherwise it would be a double yellow.

And if the sign gets removed or obscured? The default is logically no-waiting.

On sunday to?

Why not?

My recollection is the highway code refers to the fact that single yellow means the restriction is not applied all the time. There is no standard convention and the signage will state what the specifics are. So Sundays are not special.

By default if the sign has been removed the line is invalid at all times. The line must be accompanied by a sign unless in a CPZ.

This is why i like this forum.I`ve done that 100s of times,so i gues i`m lucky.

Where you in a CPZ?? If not, the line should be accompanied by a sign. No sign makes the line invalid. Fight it.

You need to go back to exactly where you parked. With a camera.

Then you can see for yourself if there is a sign stating when the restrictions are in force. A single yellow should always be accompanied by a sign.

If you can photograph the area (on the side of the road concerned), looking both ways, and demonstrate that there are no visible signs within a reasonable distance, then yes I would probably contest it.

Sounds like a CPZ (which I think are dreadfully unfair).

Give the location so we can all view it on Google Earth street view.

Its a CPZ. Sign is at the beginning of the road. From 2 to 8 on a Sunday!! You may have to pay up. Whereabouts on North Road where you.

Last edited:
Funnily enough we don't have any CPZ in Belfast though they were invented here during the "troubles" in the 70s. The penalty for leaving your car unattended then was to have it blown up by the army as a suspect device!
!!

Funnily enough we don't have any CPZ in Belfast though they were invented here during the "troubles" in the 70s. The penalty for leaving your car unattended then was to have it blown up by the army as a suspect device!
!!

So NI also invented the scrappage scheme...:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom