Earliest deliveries (domestic)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Its now 11:15pm and the bl00dy milk man has just delivered our milk :crazy:. Dog went daft and I jumped a little. What's the earliest you have had a domestic delivery?

We had a parcel delivered last night at 8pm :crazy:

When I was courting Mrs B I sent her a huuuuuuge bunch/basket of flowers for Valentines Day (our first).

It hadn't turned up all day and turned up while we were our for dinner and was given to the Neighbour for safe keeping.

What time did it arrive?

9.30pm!

This is the same florist (through Interflora) who sent her a single bloody YELLOW Rose instead of a Red Rose 6 months earlier.

Bloody fools.

Who sends their girlfriend a yellow rose?

Useless Interflora.

some one who's girlfriend loves yellow roses?

Yellow is for friendship.

You don't give your girlfriend yellow roses.

She thought it was wierd!

Anyways, I sorted it out and we got married!:)

That's all that matters! :bannana: :D

BTW my girlfriend, now wife loves yellow roses..:rolleyes: :p

We get our post at between 2:30 and 4pm

You have your milk delivered? How quaint, and not to say, decadent!

We have milk delivered. I think it's important to support local businesses and do so whenever I can.

He's a great bloke actually. He did say lots of his customers have milk delivered because it's on credit and the only way they can make ends meet. He also said amazing how many people hide behind the sofa when he calls to collect the money - or even asks him to lend them money, or cash cheques!!

Given the size of his round, the troublesome cash flow, and having to collect cash (rather than DDR or similar), it's amazing we still have milkmen at all.

To me there is something "just right" about having milk delivered in a glass bottle and not bought from a Supermarket in a plastic tube or a carton. Possibly I am living in the past, I quite like the past. :D

Speaking of living in the past, I remember when post was actually delivered, and signed for meant just that! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom