Early 129 500SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the standard pre-facelift bumpers/skirts, but I agree they've been repainted as normally the lower section (bumpers, skirts, Sacco panels) is satin finish on earlier cars, and contrasting depending on main body colour.

Wheels are definitely not OE for that model, look like W210 E55 monoblocks to me. Tucked in too far - wrong offset?

Out of interest, was the body styling available from launch? That has to be a very early R129 on a ‘G’ plate although I appreciate it’s imported.

Was discussed part way through this thread recently too:

Ambitious 129?

Reactions: SG1
That's the standard pre-facelift bumpers/skirts

Maybe it's me but from the pictures, it appears that the back bumper has parking sensors and the front has round headlight lenses. I could be wrong.

You're not wrong, the sensors have just been drilled into the lower lip of the stock bumper. Pre-facelift foglights have a projector style inner lens within the main housing.

W124-500E-E500-R129-W129-Sl-Left-Mercedes.jpg

Wheels are definitely not OE for that model, look like W210 E55 monoblocks to me. Tucked in too far - wrong offset?

If the rears aren't staggered then they'll definitely disappear into the arches, there's space there for 10" ET17 wheels

Last edited:
I have W210 E55 wheels on my R129. They are staggered wheels with rears being either 18x9 or 18x9.5 , I can't remember. The tire size is 275/35R18 which is bigger than the stock rear tire size on my S55K. They fit the arches well.

Those are probably from a C43 which is a square setup 18x8(or 8.5).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom