Early Brabus modifications?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Thelin

Car
500 SEC Brabus
I recently bought a 1981 500 sec that the seller called a Brabus. The owner inherited the car from his father and besides badly mistreating the car, he's has lost all the paperwork.

The only item on the car that says Brabus is the speedometer, which says; BRABUS Autosport. I should add that its a 200 mile an hour speedo.

What other modifications were done to these early cars? Is there any other way to identify an early Brabus?

The interior is a bit of a mess and the engine is filthy but the bodywork is in fine shape. I hope to put it back to showroom condition, but it would help to know what the car was like when new.

Peter

Hi peter, post up plenty of pics of the car.

There are some very knowledgeable people on here that will spot a brabus mod.

Just call Brabus with the VIN that's what I did and they sent me copies of everything they had on file and exactly whst they did to the car.

Email and phone number on one of my other threads if you search. That thread also gives you the tell tale signs to spot if it's a genuine brabus

I emailed Brabus and was told that they lost all of the early records in a 2004 computer crash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom