Earn £5 if you complain about your dealer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E430

Car
'99 E430 Avangarde
Guys,

After having been so poorly treated by Mercedes Benz UK I decided that I would setup an website where everyone can air their gripes, so why not check it out:

www.mercedesbenzuksucks.co.uk

Have fun

Regards
Jo

Perhaps that was his poor treatment... DaimlerChrysler have shut his website down. :D :p

S.

p.s. Yup it's a dead link for me too.

ummm.... works for me !!

S.

sym said:
ummm.... works for me !!

S.
hmm maybe it's a freshly setup site and the domain name hasn't filtered across all DNS's. :confused: It's still an unkown link for me.

S.

Jo,

I am really sorry to hear about the problems with your car. :( Hope you get the result you want.

swl

PS The link works fine for me.

Works fine for me, if only I had something to complain about! :)
we don't want Mercedes Benz UK taking us to court for slander, do we now!
They couldn't! They would take you to court for libel, slander is only for spoken words! ;) I heard that on a tv show once and can't forget it! ;)

Sounds to me like this is really something that will go nowhere fast unless you threaten to sue and thus get the full attention of an intelligent form of life. What is in you tale of woe sounds like many a case of self interested, disinterested or just **** covering dealer staff.

Watch out for the legal side of all this though. As long as what is posted on the site is wholly true, factually correct and can be defended as such you should be fine, but if you make or transmit any misrepresentation by others (even if the result of a wholly innocent error) that could land you in a world of legal pain or at least put you on the back foot in negotiation.

For example, I would be particularly worried about possibly defaming "Mercedes Benz UK" because in legal terms the problem lies with a completely different legal entity i.e. a franchised dealer!

Even so, I am sure the following gentlemen will be wholly delighted to learn of your problems :

Ray Smith, General Manager Daimler Chrysler UK Ltd

Dr Wilfried Steffen, President & Chief Executive Officer, Daimler Chrysler UK Ltd

DaimlerChrysler UK Ltd
Tongwell,
Milton Keynes,
Buckinghamshire
MK15 8BA

Always deal with the organ grinder, not the monkey!

Satch said:
For example, I would be particularly worried about possibly defaming "Mercedes Benz UK" because in legal terms the problem lies with a completely different legal entity i.e. a franchised dealer!
Also bear in mind that several fan/enthusiast websites that simply had the words "mercedes benz" on the page were sued by daimler chrysler for using the name, and they were enthusiasts telling the world how great MB are!! :rolleyes: Look at what happened to benzsport etc.

Satch said:

I thought all the MB London dealers were now owned by MB UK? Anyone know if that's true?

RichardM said:
I thought all the MB London dealers were now owned by MB UK? Anyone know if that's true?

You are right. It is part of DaimlerChrysler UK Retail Limited so it is not a traditional franchised dealer. So they should know better, but them maybe being part of an extended retail network is part of the problem.

Hmm,

I too had fun with Andrew Griffin of MB City - he also refused to take back a car I rejected. (Gearbox knackered after 200 miles - factory collection). His excuse was 'Its used' at which point I lost it completely and told him in order to find the fault it had to be used you f**king ****. Didn't help matters really. I also informed him that if I brought a suit and the **** fell out of it within 2 days of owning it I'd get a new one - a car is no different and its called the sale of goods act.

I should add the car was of similar price to the one you brought. I will add that I ended up giving the car to the people in MB Romford, who sorted it instantly. I will never use MB Stratford to service a car again, and certainly never use MB City again.

We have the car still - but the factory collection experience was a nightmare because of all the issues. It completely shook my confidence in the car.

I had better service with the cars I'd IMPORTED into this country. In fact I intend to import next time - UK dealers are no good, although some of the service departments are absolutely excellent. Romford, Dartford & Lakeside to name a few. I feel MB's reputation is not being help by its representatives if you get my meaning.

The law is on your side - I only hope you rejected the car in writing. Auto Express took interest in my story but then the car got fixed, so it didn't happen. Give them an email if you can.

Clarky.

Last edited:
Guys,

Thanks alot for your support and advice, I apologise to the guys that couldn't access the site, this is due to slow propogation of DNS entries across the internet, this should hopefully now have propogated to the majority of ISP's DNS servers.

The dealership I was complaining about is actually run and owned by DaimlerChrysler UK Retail Limited and not a franchise.

I won't accept anything other than a refund and I will keep plugging away at it, if want to earn yourself a fiver, go for it.

I have also put some disclaimers up to cover myself, so that side of things should be cool, however failing me getting anywhere with them I will take them to court, even if it costs me more than the car, at the end of the day it's the principle.

Many thanks again, take care.

Regards
Jo

All the best, when I get half a day free i'll send you details of all the problems I had with greenoaks.

I had many a fun time with the **** @ MB Dartford, too the point where they banned me from all my Local dealers because they tried to over charge me and thought that either a) because i have an SL or b) they think i am too stupid too notice the over charge.

In the end after much complaining i got my car back didn't pay for the work they had done, mind you they got a grand to change the climate control which it turns out could have be fixed by changing the dust filter.

I got to complaining to director level but the general attitude was, if ur car is not here some other mug's ... sorry i mean customers' will be.

Long and short of it.. they will lift the ban if i pay the full amount that they want.. well stuff them. I use another dealer now and they are far better.

Regards

Tan

Last edited:
Maff said:
All the best, when I get half a day free i'll send you details of all the problems I had with greenoaks.

Maff,

I'd really appreciate it if you would, many thanks for your support

Kind Regards
Jo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom