Earthquake in Cumbria. Are you okay Camerafodder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
A small earthquake has shaken Cumbria.

LINK.

Mrs Camerafodder was very happy thanks Paul! :D

It happened just before 11pm. We'd actually gone to bed early :cool:(awaits applause, bows....continues) and just got to sleep when it hit. I jumped out of my skin, the whole house was shaking for a few seconds. Nothing too violent just doors and windows rattling and the floor vibrating. I jumped out of bed and had a quick look around but could see no damage. Quick check out the front window for a glow at Heysham, nothing, phew!!

Apparently the epicenter was some miles below coniston which is about 10 miles north of us.

Thanks for asking though mate! :D

And there was me thinking it was just camerafodder out in his "Mog" doing a bit of snow clearance.
Things that go bump in the night were perhaps a little bit more focused around 11pm in Cumbria last night.
What is it with Christmas and earthquakes? Its not that long ago since Lancashire and the North West had a quake on Boxing Day. Though that could have been the whole earth moving as an aftershock to the Tsugami which happened the same year with tragic loss of life.

Here's a UK earthquake map from the BGS site " + theTitle + " for those forum members who may be "earthquake averse" and may wish to relocate? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here's a UK earthquake map from the BGS site " + theTitle + " for those forum members who may be "earthquake averse" and may wish to relocate? :rolleyes:

21382d1293012207-earthquake-cumbria-you-okay-camerafodder-earthquakes.jpg

Casanovafodder certainly gets about in that Unimoggy. Making the earth move for ladies everywhere. :D

Looks as if the West coast of Scotland should be avoided. If the earthquakes don't get you the "midgies" will. It's a wonder the inhabitant's don't all turn to drink---or religion!

I heard it wasn't an earthquake, it is so cold the ground shivered:D:D

:cool: :bannana:

Dammit, someone's been tracking my progress!...The map of lurrrve!

21382d1293012207-earthquake-cumbria-you-okay-camerafodder-earthquakes.jpg

Ha Ha!

It seems you have more "HOT SPOTS" than Michael Barrymore!

What is your geographical location today?

Top, Middle or Bottom? :D

Just imposed a news blackout in the Nomoney household , dont want the misses getting ideas , too close to xmas.:(

We had an Earthquake down in Folkestone a couple of years ago & the effects were felt up here in our village, luckily the Loss Adjuster was in the Area & came & inspected the damage about 6 hours after the damage. We had about £15,000.00 worth of damage, he was one very helpful chap.

A thing he said was, if you ever suffer another one or any other incident that MAY cause damage, the best thing to do, is always notify your Broker or your Insurance Company & have them make a note & give you a reference back & if subsequently you discover, say 6 months on that could be related to the incident, you'll have the basis of a claim.. otherwise it could be a quick Foxtrot Oscar from the Insurance people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom