easily cleared badly blocked drain channels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
The area around the wipers on my car was holding water and the drain hole near the passenger side door on the wiper panel was well blocked.

I used a wire coathanger and bent the end over after straitening it out so there was no sharp edges.

a few gentle pushes saw a gush of water come our on the ground which contained lots of dead leaves and muck.

When clearing with coathanger I bent it slightly at the end and waggled it from near the centre of the car to direct it into the drain hole.

I have seen posts of people stripping out trim and god knows what so was pleased to do this. I then used my hand held steamer sprayer which has a flexible extention on it and blasted it a few times. The steam came straight out and it could be seen exiting with no problem behind the n/s wheel arch.

I then straightened the end of the coathanger and used it on the drain channels on on the front side windows attached to the A pillars to ensure they were clear as well.

A job well done and not the task that I thought it may be .

gh3382

Last edited:
Cool,just be aware your ECU lives just in front of the windscreen trim,steam is not the best to use in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom