East Yorkshire Breakfast Meeting & more - Sunday 8th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRC

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C63
Hi everyone

The next East Yorkshire Breakfast Meeting is in the diary for Sunday 8th September. The plan will be to make this a bit more of a day out than our first two meetings for those who wish to do so. If you just want to meet for breakfast that’s fine.

The plan will be to meet at The Waterwheel for breakfast at the usual time , 9.30 to 10.00. There will be a drive out in the North Yorkshire Moors in the afternoon (route to be decided, but could be 100 miles) and then arrive at the Piebald Inn, Humanby near Filey for an afternoon meal at 3.00.

For those who have not visited the Piebald Inn it is renowned for their excellent choice of pies, which are the real thing and not “casseroles with a lid” :D

Those of you wanting to eat you will need to select a choice of pie in advance. Please check out the link to see what is available.

http://thepiebaldinn.co.uk

Please add your name to the list below and indicate if you want to join us for the drive out to dine at the Piebald Inn. I will gather a list of which pie you would like a little nearer the date. :thumb:

1. Andy & Dan - C63 507 - Piebald Inn x 2
  2. ?

2. Andy - C63 - Piebald Inn x 1

3. Fasty-S/C Brit -Piebald x1

4. Dave - SLK 250 CDI - Piebald x1
  5. ?

Would have loved to have come to this but my lad is playing Rugby away at Hull at 11 AM so I’ll not be able to make it sadly...

Would have loved to have come to this but my lad is playing Rugby away at Hull at 11 AM so I’ll not be able to make it sadly...

Hi everyone

I’ve been in touch with the Piebald Inn and they have requested that we provide the numbers attending and pie choice a week in advance, therefore I will need to know by the end of the month.

Although not advertised on the Piebald Inn website they have a “Pie Challange” , the rules of which are:

“The challenge can be organised at a cost of £24.95 and the rules are quite straightforward.
Clear the plate and the meal is free with a liveried T shirt awarded.
Fail to finish the meal and you pay for the meal and donate £5 to children with cancer.”

The meal is a double portion of pie (a single is quite large) plus a LOT of chips and vegetables, with as much gravy as you like.

I won’t be going for the challenge myself but if anyone fancies it let me know :D

5. Paul - A45 - piebald x1
  6. Lee - Rat mobile- Piebald x1

I'm in! Trying to pursuade Camille but she might just meet us at the piebald (she doesn't like my driving in the 63)

1. Andy & Dan - C63 507 - Piebald Inn 2 X The Irish Draught
  2. Andy - C63 - Piebald Inn 1 x Skewbald
  7. ?

I'm in! Trying to pursuade Camille but she might just meet us at the piebald (she doesn't like my driving in the 63)

Tim

On the C63 the gearbox has a mode to be used when your loved one is in the car , it’s called “Comfort” , and keep the revs below 2k , try it you never know Camille might like it, works for me when Christina is in the car :D

I'll hopefully be there Andy, not sure about eating after though.

I'll hopefully be there Andy, not sure about eating after though.

Hi Tony.

No problem with just meeting up at The Waterwheel, I need to know who wants to go for a meal by the end of the month so plenty of time to decide. :thumb:

Andy

7. ToeKnee - SL 500
  8. ?

Forgot to add Tim :(