Easy entry/exit in R172

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
Question for Alfie/Richard, probably...

One of the most useful features on my R171 is that easy entry/exit puts the driver's seat back when getting out - particularly handy when there's not enough room to open the door fully in car parks. It also helps to prevent scuffing the seat bolsters.

However, as far as I can tell, easy entry/exit on the R172 only moves the steering wheel. Is there any way to code it so that the seat moves too?

I wish they made an SLK where i could have the seat forward enough for this to matter... :)

I wish they made an SLK where i could have the seat forward enough for this to matter... :)

With the R172 I had on loan today I resorted to putting my driving position into memory slot 1 and the exit position into memory slot 3, but there's a seemingly interminable wait while it shifts from one to the other, as you have to hold the button down throughout. I want it to work automatically. :(

I think you will find it was deleted ages ago. I took our 2005 R171 back to the dealer after we bought it new because the seat did not move back for easy entry/exit. They also thought it was faulty until they could not "fix" it and checked with MB. Apparently this function was removed some time early in 2005. I use memory 3 as the exit position too.

I think you will find it was deleted ages ago. I took our 2005 R171 back to the dealer after we bought it new because the seat did not move back for easy entry/exit. They also thought it was faulty until they could not "fix" it and checked with MB. Apparently this function was removed some time early in 2005. I use memory 3 as the exit position too.

That's right. My R171 is one of the earliest UK models (Sept 2004), so it still has its full entry/exit. There was talk of dealerships being told to disable it on older cars when they came in for service, but mine's never been disabled. I understand the reason it was deleted in 2005 was due to US customers complaining that "items" stored behind the driver's seat were being crushed, so it was seen as a safety concern. Why they couldn't just disable it for the US market heaven only knows!

Be good if someone could restore it on ours. Would certainly be interested in getting it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom