Easy entry/exit & Interior light problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
During a visit to my fathers the other day, he mentioned the easy entry/exit feature had stopped working on his car. I had a look on the instrument cluster settings where this feature can be enabled/disabled, and all looked ok. The steering wheel seems to move but not the seat, although the seat moves if you use the electric seat controls.
I then noticed the interior lights were not working when the doors were opened, no lights at all regardless of what doors were opened, albeit they all worked when their respective operating buttons were pressed.

Could these two issues be linked??

Is there a reason why the interior lights have stopped working in this manner (the overhead control panel which houses the switch which controls the interior lighting is set in the correct position, to illuminate when doors are opened)

The car is an immaculate 2005 S320 cdi.

Will be watching with interest, as your post made me realise my seat doesn't automatically move anymore. All the other stuff works though, and seat works via controls.

Lights only come on automatically when it's dark?

IIRC the seat can be be reset, sometimes it can loose position bit like the windows?

Do you happen to know if it's a STAR reset? Can't find anything on the cluster or in the manual.

Cheers.

Seems the seats might be reset using the 'move to extreme and hold button' technique (as with windows) but worth remembering the seat will only move back if it's current position is far enough forward (limits set by STAR)

RESETS - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Great link, thanks WN :thumb:

Gave it a go, but no joy. Will try again on different ignition settings when it stops pouring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom