Easy Entry/Exit problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenleak

Car
2019 B180d W247
Help. I'm slowly learning the finer points of my new 2019 B180d. What an amazing vehicle. Switching from my SLK to my B220 was like going from a Spitfire to an F-35, this is like a Star Wars X-Wing!

However, I'm having trouble with the Easy Entry/Exit (EEE) feature. On the MBUX system, I've enabled Automatic Seat Adjustment (ASA), which seems to be a prerequisite of EEE. I've enabled EEE. Despite all this, the seat doesn't go all the way back when I switch the car off or open the door like the manual says it should.

I note something in the manual about setting the ASA to your height, There isn't a menu option for this on MBUX, However, there is a picture of a standing person on the left of the relevant screen. I've prodded this on the screen to no effect apart from lots of fingermarks.

I'm missing something, over and above my marbles.

I thought on my C Class it would go back like the jaguar i had, but its only the steering that goes up on mine also, i asked an indy and he said only the steering moves. Have fun with it.

Help. I'm slowly learning the finer points of my new 2019 B180d. What an amazing vehicle. Switching from my SLK to my B220 was like going from a Spitfire to an F-35, this is like a Star Wars X-Wing!

However, I'm having trouble with the Easy Entry/Exit (EEE) feature. On the MBUX system, I've enabled Automatic Seat Adjustment (ASA), which seems to be a prerequisite of EEE. I've enabled EEE. Despite all this, the seat doesn't go all the way back when I switch the car off or open the door like the manual says it should.

I note something in the manual about setting the ASA to your height, There isn't a menu option for this on MBUX, However, there is a picture of a standing person on the left of the relevant screen. I've prodded this on the screen to no effect apart from lots of fingermarks.

I'm missing something, over and above my marbles.
APPARENTLY (?) The movement of the seat to a fully rear position has been deleted from the easy entry/exit options due to litigation following some injuries to the feet/legs of rear seat passengers in the USA.
I have scoured the ECU options via Xentry and Vediamo software and although it is present on some headunit and seat control modules, it cannot be activated.

Noted with thanks. I did wonder about rear seat passengers: the seat really does go back a long way. If I put the seat as far back & down as far as it can go, it's almost impossible to get in or out. My current favourite seat position doesn't cause me any problems.

In my w213 it only ever moves the seat if a person sat in the seat with 5ft or something. Me being 6ft and the seat being way back (not all the way mind) - the seat doesn't move. I think it depends how far back the seat is in relation to the B pillar.

I would have to test it as @Hectors Dad reply would imply it shouldn't move. But I think it did for me ... but that is probably because the seat isn't all the way back to begin with ....

In my w213 it only ever moves the seat if a person sat in the seat with 5ft or something. Me being 6ft and the seat being way back (not all the way mind) - the seat doesn't move. I think it depends how far back the seat is in relation to the B pillar.

I would have to test it as @Hectors Dad reply would imply it shouldn't move. But I think it did for me ... but that is probably because the seat isn't all the way back to begin with ....
Thank you JJ.

It works.

But ... only if you have the seat quite a way forward. I moved it forward to "praying mantis" mode, then switched off the car and opened the door. The seat moved backward to a position just forward of my memory setting.

Thank you JJ.

It works.

But ... only if you have the seat quite a way forward. I moved it forward to "praying mantis" mode, then switched off the car and opened the door. The seat moved backward to a position just forward of my memory setting.

What I actually did was steering wheel all the way up and seat all the way back and stored it as setting ‘3’ on the memory which I call ‘fat guy get out of car mode’.

Noted. I use M3 too. M1 is "wife/no coat" and M2 is "wife/coat". The car is in her name and I know my place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom