easy load system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thecolonel

Car
ML (W164)
after my last thread was obviously too academic in question, i thought easier to ask - who has an easy load system fitted to their car that can help me measure the length of the cargo rail itself?

one measurement is all that is needed if anyone can spare the time to measure the metal rail that runs from boot seal to back of rear seat ish?

thanks

after my last thread was obviously too academic in question, i thought easier to ask - who has an easy load system fitted to their car that can help me measure the length of the cargo rail itself?

one measurement is all that is needed if anyone can spare the time to measure the metal rail that runs from boot seal to back of rear seat ish?

thanks

Your other thread asked about width which is about 95cm. As for length...the E class will be longer...from tail gate to seat...123cm on my older model.

Last edited:
after my last thread was obviously too academic in question, i thought easier to ask

:dk:

I've got one in my E - Ill have a look in a while, if you feel an E rail is a suitable comparator.

ML, E class saloon and E class estate have different lengths of rail.

the rail screws in by attaching to a bracket which is revetted to the car. w211 have x4 of these brackets. ML would probably be the same.

The links I gave in the other thread show the length of each of the boots of the newer models.

spot on guys, thank you. I think I have a good understanding now, but not too sure I will go ahead with the mods as realised it also needs a boot floor which is narrower to allow for rails and parts are turning into a small fortune!

will see what comes up.

thanks again

Oops, I forgot to measure, sorry - do you still want this info?

width of the boot floor does not matter as the crossrail is adjustable.

and yes, the parts cost a fortune!

just left it with the dealer to ask them about parts, but he seemed reluctant to look it all up, so I asked for the rails and bolts but he was mumbling about bracketry and support etc etc. I personally cant see that there being a huge amount of difference to the boot floor except that actual cargo cover being narrower and then the rails down the side.

But will see what is said and go from there I guess. Hopefully a few part numbers will come out of it.

thought you knew what you needed?

heres a list (off the top of my head)

4x brackets (these rivet onto the boot floor, each bracket is a different part)
16x rivets (for the above)
2 x rails (come complete with ends and are different depending on car)
8x screws for rails (these screw into the riveted brackets to hold the rails down)
1 x cross rail (adjustable)
1 x accessories pack (includes all the hooks, straps, brackets for crossrail)

are thanks Alps, this is what I needed as hadnt got that far.

I have access to a cross bar and accessories pack if I can get the rails in.

Just need the part numbers as the man at MB parts was not very helpful at all and seemed to be very anti retrofitting.

that is spot on! thank you very much. Why is it this forum could provide what the bloody dealer could not I ask hahah

seriously great information - i trawled the net looking for this kind of diagram in any language and spent ages on .de site translating in a hope to find the links.

Happy to help.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom