Easy-Pack kit. Where is it located?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwilly

Car
2016 Mercedes Benz E class estate 220 4-matic
Hi everyone

This is my first post. I just bought an E 220 4-Matic S212 2016 model. I am the third owner. The equipment list has the code "942 Easy-Pack load securing kit". The car has these rails in the trunk where the telescopic rods are to be attached. The only problem is that I can not find the telescope rods with associated fastening equipment. Normally this is in a slot embedded in the floor of the luggage compartment, but these slots are not there due to the Ad-Blue tank taking up all the space. I have searched everywhere but can not find any of this Easy-Pack equipment, except the rails in the floor of course.

I have asked the second owner but he did not know about this equipment at all. Is it a secret place I have overlooked or does this equipment not have a permanent storage space due to the Ad-Blue tank so that the first owner forgot to put it in the car before sale?

Vin: WDD2122111B312603

Thanks

Probably forgot. I have the easy pack kit for my S211 and it is excellent. The kit with the latches and the belt were supplied with the vehicle, but I had to purchase the telescopic bar.

I don't see where I can 'fit' my zip bag, however.

I have a 2016 S212 E350 which came with the Easy-Pack from new.

It is an excellent addition particularly as the estates are huge, as well as the kit shown above you need the telescopic extending bars.

Maybe one of the owners sold the kit or it was not supplied from new.

Robin

It’s located in the first owners garage .....probably . Does the glovebox manual say where it is stored ?

Previous owners have forgotten to pass the kit on. So you will need to purchase from MB.

As pointed out, I also don't think that telescopic bars were ordered in the first place, only the Fix kit set. And then it was just put away and forgotten.

This Easy Pack equipment is described in the instruction manual and according to the pictures, the telescopic bars and Fix kit set are in separate grooves under the removable floor plate approximately in the middle of the luggage compartment. But the book is dated 2013 and the pictures do not quite match this car which is 2016 model with an Ad blue tank where the Easy Pack Fix kit set was meant to be.

I'll probably just be buying the telescope bars and the Fix kit set from eBay or a retailer.

Thanks for the comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom