Easy seat Rat trap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny DeVito

Car
V220 CDI
What can i say...its easy to set and last night i caught three RATS AT ONCE. Two with heads in the trap at the same time and a third sitting dazed beside it !! Thats 11 in total over two days, i hope its the last. They were coming through the fence and digging through the dog poop :doh:

I don't know what worries me more, the rats or the seemingly copious amounts of dog poo.

I'd move.

I don't know what worries me more, the rats or the seemingly copious amounts of dog poo.

Yep. I'd be concentrating on the dog poop situation. There's a lot more nasties associated with that than you can whack with a trap.

And, thus you'll remove one of the needs for the rats to come.

It sounds to me like the rats where digging under the fence and through where Danny had buried the poop.

I don't think though that will be the last of the rats.

I've always found the cheap and cheerful wooden/wire ones the best as once you're used to them you can set them on a 'hair trigger'
Just a thought, I never set a snap trap outside any more as they will catch anything, I only use them for inside (garage, shed etc). Much prefer a humane trap where you can test the rat's swimming ability if you catch it or release Harry Hedgehog back into the wild along with a saucerful of milk and some tuna.

And the best bait? Everyone gives advice on what they like best, but I have always been most sucessful with...........

Cheese!

Three in a night is good, but as has been said there will definitely be more out there if you caught three.

What can i say...its easy to set and last night i caught three RATS AT ONCE. Two with heads in the trap at the same time and a third sitting dazed beside it !!

What type of trap is it? (I'm guessing it is an electrocution type).

Train a ferret and you'll never have rats again

Never tried it, but I've been told ferret's excrement is enough to get rid of rats.

Never tried it said:
A mate of mine worked on a Seine net boat and they had a rat that lived in the bulkhead for months and was a real pest, they tried all sorts to get rid of it. Eventually they got someone to bring their ferret to the boat and they put it in the bulkhead. Within a few minutes my mate said he heard such an un-godly scream that sent a shiver down his spine then the rat appeared with it's eyes missing, end of rat.

Last edited:
Eventually they got someone to bring their ferret to the boat and they put it in the bulkhead. Within a few minutes my mate said he heard such an un-godly scream that sent a shiver down his spine then the rat appeared with it's eyes missing, end of rat.

There's nothing as cruel as nature.

sorry..typo.. easy set trap. regular style but easier to set. every time the dog pooped they were running out from the field through the fence and eating it. Any way the poop never attacked my clothes and chewed trhe arms off jumpers in the clothes shed. Two little rats got trapped at the same time. 10 "little rats" and one grown up. 5 the first day and 6 the second. all on peanut butter. The little rats of course were bigger than full size mice. i hate them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom