Eaton Kompressor serial number?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mazzerman

Car
CLK 230 **********
Hello all.
I hope someone can advise?
Is there a serial number on every eaton Kompressor that can be verified with Mercedes database as the original one fitted when car was built?
The reason i ask is that a Mercedes dealership mis-sold me a brand new supercharger for my 2000 CLK 230k .
The car had only gone in for an CEL light, they said it needed a new MAF and supercharger as it had oil in it.
It transpires after going to an independant garage that the problem was the oil seperator causing oil to get to the MAF and the supercharger, Not that supercharger had failed.
I had the old one checked out and it was perfect so had the new one taken off and the old one put back on and the car runs fantastic with no issues.
I am now trying to get a refund for the supercharger from the dealership, but they are saying that i could have put a different supercharger on there and NOT the original one they diagnosed which is not true but i now need to try to prove it was the original one.
Hence my question......if when it was built there is a serial number stamped on it that will then tally with build records at Mercedes then i can prove it is the original.
Thanks for your time reading this.

I checked my data card and there is no separate serial number for the kompressor listed. The only other possibility is that it's incorporated into the engine serial number. Do you know what form the Eaton number takes ?

I can only imagine the MB dealer must have charged £000's for a job that didn't need doing. They are truly beyond belief.

Good luck with your battle.

I checked my data card and there is no separate serial number for the kompressor listed. The only other possibility is that it's incorporated into the engine serial number. Do you know what form the Eaton number takes ?

I can only imagine the MB dealer must have charged £000's for a job that didn't need doing. They are truly beyond belief.

Good luck with your battle.

thank you for the reply, thats what i suspected, its going to be a struggle proving its the original item that they removed but what else can i do.
The Eaton is A111 090 10 80
The crazy thing is the competence of the mechanics at this dealership, when i took the car back to complain about the mis-diagnosis, the original mechanic who changed it over said that i had replaced the pulley on the old supercharger....i had to laugh because the pulley that was replaced was a belt tensioner pulley, nothing to do with the supercharger, :fail
Wont be taking the car back there thats for sure, but going through the courts to get the supercharger money back though, just need to be prepared with as much ammo as i can.

The Eaton is A111 090 10 80

It's interesting that the Eaton number starts with A111 in that I'm assuming you have the M111 type engine. It suggests the Eaton numbers are peculiar to Mercedes application.

My engine is the type M271 and I can see a number A 271 010 50 47 on the data card that appears to be in the same format as your Eaton number. I don't know what AGG_VAR means but it's under the engine section and it's not the main engine serial number.

Do you have a data card for your car ?

I looked up mine here: http://www.mercedesmedic.com/decode/

Yes iv got the data card info
Is there anything on the SA codes that could be relevent to the supercharger?
Iv got two 801 codes that might or might not be relevent

CODE 801 - [111.9] - 19951204 - AEJ 06/1/M/X
CODE 801- [722.6] - 19990504 - AEJ 00/1 R 170 AEJ 99/2

It's interesting that the Eaton number starts with A111 in that I'm assuming you have the M111 type engine. It suggests the Eaton numbers are peculiar to Mercedes application.

My engine is the type M271 and I can see a number A 271 010 50 47 on the data card that appears to be in the same format as your Eaton number. I don't know what AGG_VAR means but it's under the engine section and it's not the main engine serial number.

Do you have a data card for your car ?

I looked up mine here: VIN Decoder Datacard for Mercedes Benz MB - Mercedes Medic

I don't even have a code 801.

I guess you know 111.9 and 722.6 are the engine and autobox types.

Yes ide worked out the engine and trans codes its the other parts that i cant decode, but iv got the other codes for the interior and other equipment etc.
Iv contacted MB customer service to see if i can get a build sheet on the car.

I don't even have a code 801.

I guess you know 111.9 and 722.6 are the engine and autobox types.

You need the whole VeDOK printout not the EPCnet printout. It has lots more info including serial numbers of ECUs and other components.

You'll have to find a MB dealer (parts dept) thats willing to print it all out for you.

Richard

Hopefully that is what MB CS will send me.
I just hope that the supercharger has a unique number to prove it was the original one fitted to the car but im not hopeful...

You need the whole VeDOK printout not the EPCnet printout. It has lots more info including serial numbers of ECUs and other components.

You'll have to find a MB dealer (parts dept) thats willing to print it all out for you.

Richard

I would have thought that in these circumstances the onus would be on the garage to prove that the original supercharger was not the one they took off. Not the other way round. Yet again we see a customer being fobbed off. You need a letter to the ceo of the garage giving them 14 days to confirm they will reimburse failing which you will go to Small claims Court(its quite an easy process) . You will be amazed how that will concentrate their minds. Hope you have success- its a blatant case of incompetence. They have put the onus of proof on you when in fact it should be the other way round!

Last edited:
It was passed to the consumers office and they were given 2 weeks to respond which they never did, they have now been informed that if they dont respond then it will be taken further with legal action so i will see what happens over the next week or so, then a lawyer will be involved, not what i want to happen, ide rather they just paid the money back for the supercharger and the labor costs etc but they are just ignoring the situation.

Don't involve a solicitor it will escalate out of control financially

Small claims on line can now handle up to £10,000, go that route, just make sure you issue the documents to the correct person at the dealership.

Yep Mr Red is absolutely right don't get solicitors involved- use Small Claims Court (which I think you can now do online) . BUT write one final letter confirming your intentions and then follow through without any further warning - that is of course if you are absolutely certain that you are correct. You will probably need some form of statement from the garage who eventually solved the problem. Pay them a few quid for the report if necessary- there is nothing wrong with that. Your case will be enhanced considerably if you have some form of written evidence in support of your claim.

Yeah thats the course im taking, just got tyo give it a week for the reply, if they dont then i can take it further, I have the garage that found the REAL fault (oil seperator) and who tested and replaced the old supercharger who will make a report if needed, so all good.
But still need to prove that the supercharger on the car now is the original one they took off, which is proving difficult if they dont have serial numbers on them, they could say its not the original (which it is of course,)

its a blatant case of incompetence.

Couldn't agree more. It's a disgrace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom