eBay 10% discount

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just bought a Trackace laser wheel alignmnent tool with the 10% off, plus I had some money in my Pay Pal account.

:)

Gutted, just spent a couple of hundred quid on some new motorbike boots yesterday! :(

I've just used PINECONE for a £50 discount off a purchase. I'm not sure if it's the same as above, being 10% or £50 max!!!
Today only (18.12.18).

How does this work then?

As I understand it Ebay is just a site for others to sell stuff on, how can Ebay make them sell at a discount?

How does this work then?

As I understand it Ebay is just a site for others to sell stuff on, how can Ebay make them sell at a discount?

At the check out, you enter the discount code.

The full amount is paid to the seller, with eBay subsidising the savings to the customer.

Sounds expensive.

Indeed, however consider the selling fees for eBay, 10% on each transaction including the postage costs and eBay are sure enough to at least break even and give a little back.

Being that eBay own PayPal who take about 3.5% of the transaction including the postage costs, then the seller pays eBay’s sellers fees on top, they are probably still making a profit in the main - as said the selling fees can be as much as 10% alone if you’re not using one of the deals on final value fees.

They may well lose a few quid here and there but overall I’m sure they get enough advertising etc to cover it on the whole :thumb:

I use these sorts of discounts (usually the 15-20% ones from time to time) to purchase things like tyres and other boring items that you can’t avoid if the promotion makes it worthwhile :)

Just used this for a service kit for our screw compressor at work. ^

Our local agent wanted £325.82 for an air filter, oil filter, oil separator and 5L oil.

Cost on ebay for same parts, £123.33 then discounted to £111.69.

These guys take the pi$$ even more than car main dealers, god forbid getting a part number out of them, they just wont give them out and you never get any paperwork with part details on it!

Some great eBay codes lately, with 10% being offered twice in only a few days.

The second offer swung me as I'd already bought everything I needed with the first. iCarsoft v2.0 purchased!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom