Ebay- 18" W205 AMG Alloys. What a result.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
I've been looking on Ebay for the past couple of months for 18" AMG alloys for my C250, plan being to put winter or cross climates on them and swop them for my 19's.There are some really crap and mangled wheels on there, how people think they can sell them is beyond me.
Last week a set came up from a seller in London,195 miles away for me, and they were in pristine condition except for a 50mm graze on one rim and came with tyres. Bidding was slow and the auction was ending at 8.05 yesterday morning, put in a bid 0f £510 at the last minute and won the auction.I was somewhat apprehensive ,are they that good and I've got a 390 mile round trip on my hands.Today was the only day I had free so set off at 6.15 for London and got there about 9.00, had a quick check over the wheels and they were spotless, loaded them into the car, paid my money and drove home.
Time for a good look at them - all four wheels had centre caps and TPM valves - two tyres were Avon ZZ5 with 7mm tread and one Hankook and one Continental with 6mm tread - apparently the seller had swopped them for 19"Amg alloys and just wanted them off his hands. What a result , happy as a pig in whatever. Unfortunately they won't be seeing any winter or cross climate tyres for a while as I now plan to use them until the tyres need replacing. Tread remaining must be worth at least £300.

Last edited:
Well done. - It goes to show that not everyone on eBay is a chancer trying to get new prices for old tat.

I had similar luck om Ebay when I wanted a set of winters for my S204, had to drive to the first services up the M1 to get them, in "as new" condition (they'd been part of his company car, which he'd handed back but they hadn't asked for the winter wheels back, and he hadn't used them!!). Not saying what they cost me (as they may soon be for sale on here!) but rather less than the brand new set I bought from MB Ashford for my S203.

Well done. - It goes to show that not everyone on eBay is a chancer trying to get new prices for old tat.
I've been lucky over the years,but you do need your wits about you unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom