ebay account misuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
1991 sl300-24 project,s124 280,w115 no interior, w108 project no engine
Relisted 2 cars, messaged about eight or nine sellers of 4x4's asking if they'd do a p/ex with either of my cars, as its a pain copying and pasting for every listing i copied the first message and then just repasted it for the other sellers as i was asking an identical question.

Now ebay suspended my account for unauthorised access and spurious contact to vendors, messaged them to say ignore me, and when i follow their procedure online to reset account password it keeps coming up "password not changed due to timeout".

Stopped for dinner, rebooted pc, so far have spent 45mins in online chat + phone call verification of id, have missed two items i was bidding on due to this shambles :(

I thought your not allowed to part exchange on ebay.

Last edited:
Indeed, trading outside Ebay contravenes their usage policy. It deprives them of the final value fee. You need to be more circumspect and ask for a phone number because you have a question.

It might be that your car advert came up while I was looking for Range Rovers....:dk:

I was careful the way I worded the emails/messages, very careful. The online chat guy said without saying that they'd been over zealous...

Was concerned i'd been compromised but luckily i havent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom