Ebay Alloys - replicas any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dubsR33

Car
CLK 320 & 515bhp R33

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 15
I can't offer you any science or personal experience, but I wouldn't.

I think this seller has been discussed on here before.

Cheap wheels are cheap for a reason.

yeah i agree fair enough on a AMG or any performance vehicle etc
but my diesel motorway daily?

yeah i agree fair enough on a AMG or any performance vehicle etc
but my diesel motorway daily?
l will be patient and see if a second hand set off originals come up for sale. have had many cars with alloys (oem v copy ect ) not a nice ride considering the tyres that need to be on the wheels. Cheap package crap ride...

Going to go against the grain here.

As long as the seller doesn't misrepresent and states clearly that they are non gen and they are priced accordingly then I don't see the problem.

I have never had replicas crack on me but I have had 2 genuine wheels crack. One was an AMG and the other just a standard 18" MB wheel.

Last replicas I had were 19" with super low profile tyres offering no protection.
I did 70k miles on them on 2 different cars and they never gave me an issue unlike the rest of the car! Left them on the last car when I sold it, otherwise I would still run them now.

I'm not saying that the replicas are equal to the genuine article but would you rather a second hand set with 200k miles on them or a brand new set?

On forums we always here the horror stories but rarely here when someone is happy and satisfied.

Ive seen these on Ebay,

brand new copies of original Mercedes alloys and they look pretty good for the price i reckon...

has anybody tried them out and bought some?
they have quite a few different styles to pick from...

18" GMF CL 63 STYLE ALLOY WHEELS FITS MERCEDES CLS C219 COUPE 04 10 | eBay

Yep I'm going against the grain too nothing wrong with good reps, I run them on both my race cars. The trick is make sure the reps aren't too different in weight from the originals as thats when the problems start. My mate has reps as his Winter wheels on a Aston DB9 and nothing wrong with those at speeds over double the UK limit. Theres a lot of BS spoken about wheels and yes very cheap ones are cheap for a reason but very expensive ones are expensive because of badge snobbery, the build or alloy used is exactly the same as replica's. Go for something mid range and you will be fine, the problem I see with your original listing is the seller who does have a bad rep (pardon the pun)

Do the wheels have AMG branded on them (on that little flat panel between two spokes) - can't tell looking at the pictures? If so, is that legal or counterfeit?

I have run 2 sets of amg reps from the wheel factory aka mad on motors and no problems at all, first set of 19" I ran for 25k miles and not a problem.
I have a set of amg ml 20" and at 900kg load rating seem all good, there well made etc.
I would say the diamond cut face needs more clear to hold up.
They need no spigot rings etc.
I also have a set of genuine Mercedes Ronal wheels made in Mexico and there is far more to them than reps, paint and finish is miles apart, so is the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom