Ebay and seller address?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

Hello ebay `professionals`,a quick question please.
Does the buyer of an item on ebay get the sellers address or name details - on the email invoice sent by the seller or in their `my ebay` for example,or is there any way of finding out these details?
The buyer has not paid for the item yet,if that makes any difference,so Paypal has not been involved.

I have sold something,not been paid and i am having suspicions over the buyer,and want to know what details the buyer has/can get hold of...

Thanks.

what a coincidence, i was trying to find the address of someone ive bought off in Germany.. just for the bank transfer... i couldnt find it either..

Check your emails guys, is the address not on them, the congratulations you have won/sold email?

Not by default (i.e. they wont get the details in an eMail without requesting them).

BUT... if the buyer selects to pa by cheque, the details are disclosed. Similarly, if the buyer requests them, eBay WILL release them. All the buyer needs to do is submit the item number for a closed auction in which both parties were a member of (i.e. an item they "won" from you)

Search form is here:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQtZvbQQsofindtypeZ9

That said, eBay will send the details both ways. So if the buyer requests the seller details, eBay will also send the buyer details to the seller, with a note explaining that the buyer requested them.
M.

Last edited:
Wow,quick response Spinal,thanks.
I have received no notice from ebay as yet saying that the buyer has requested my details,so,at the moment i seem to have retained my annonimity (payment by cheque was not an option).

I got some very strange questions from a potential buyer,who later bought the item(and has not paid yet).
Maybe i`m just being paranoid......

Hi Esox,

The last items I sold were in June 2008 - and on all of the items I sold, my emails notifications do have the buyers address details.

Additionally, if you have won/sold an item on ebay - you can navigate through the search optons for something along the lines of requesting member details. It is not publicised, and you have navigate through the search options.

It will only send you member details after you give it a valid completed auction listing number which associates the two of you.

I used to have the URL bookmarked, but ebay keep changing it.

regards
Was!

I used to have the URL bookmarked, but ebay keep changing it.

It's 'Advanced Search' then 'Find Contact Information'

Put in the User ID or Item Number.

An email is then sent to both parties giving the details.

The last items I sold were in June 2008 - and on all of the items I sold, my emails notifications do have the buyers address details.

Hi Whizzkid yep,i realise that a seller receives the buyers address,but in my original post i was asking if the buyer gets the sellers address.

It seems not.
In case anyone was wondering,there`s nothing dodgy going on,just that the items concerned could be subject to `unauthorised removal` if their location was known...........:rolleyes:

Hi Whizzkid yep,i realise that a seller receives the buyers address,but in my original post i was asking if the buyer gets the sellers address.

It seems not.
In case anyone was wondering,there`s nothing dodgy going on,just that the items concerned could be subject to `unauthorised removal` if their location was known...........:rolleyes:

Actually, looking through my mail notifications for items I have won, all do have the sellers address details.

The email which has the subject line like the following:

"You won eBay item:NEW HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ..... (999876543210)"

The sellers address is included so that any genuine buyer can post a cheque etc.

Just bought an item and bothered looking at the email... it does contain the seller address, without my requesting it!

It's in the "seller information" field.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom