Ebay - car for sale, call or text my friend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Igurisu

Car
911 Turbo
I'm seeing more of these ads, maybe I'm just cynical but I can't help thinking this is a scam of some sort. If the deal goes sour or wrong, then the Ebayer doesn't get any bad feedback.

I R suspicious person........ :)

I sell stuff for my parents on there, otherwise the adverts they would write would be shocking.

As long as you go in with your eyes open and don't drive to a pub at 10pm with 20 large in an envelope to pick up a car from "Dave" I don't see the issue.

I have sold a couple of cars through Ebay. I don't think either have gone through the system, not deliberately, but its in the nature of test driving and agreeing a deal face to face.

I sell stuff for my parents on there, otherwise the adverts they would write would be shocking.

I get the same from family members; 'you're good with that Internet thingy, can you sell this (enter inane object) for me?'

At least you can see that someone with high 100% feedback wouldn't want to risk losing it for the sake of a favour.

In fact, with regards cars, I find the adverts more 'critical' than what you'd normally expect because it's not the eBay account holders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom