eBay deducting money from my account?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
A few weeks ago, I sold an iPhone 3G for £150 on eBay. Other than that, I've only bought items in recent months. I had an auto payment go to eBay from Paypal of £16.25 for October. BUT, I also had £16.25 billed last month :mad:

"eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" to eBay Europe Sarl

What is this? error? Rip off?

:mad::mad:

Just buy on ebay,once you sell they`ll start

A few weeks ago, I sold an iPhone 3G for £150 on eBay. Other than that, I've only bought items in recent months. I had an auto payment go to eBay from Paypal of £16.25 for October. BUT, I also had £16.25 billed last month :mad:

"eBay Seller Fees Recurring Billing Payment" to eBay Europe Sarl

What is this? error? Rip off?

:mad::mad:
A bit of both really, I'm afraid....
When you sell something on Ebay, they take a percentage of the final value. Then- you get paid by paypal, who also take a percentage...
It is a bit of a rip-off to be fair and I actually had a non-related dispute with ebay and brought up the fact that they ride roughshod over ebayers because they have no credible competition.:devil: :wallbash:

are you sure they have actually taken the payment twice?

You would have paid paypal fees on the payment the buyer made but it wouldnt be as much as £16.

Jay:Once you start selling,they start charging you monthly fees,even if you don`t sell anything
As ^ they have no competition so they make the rules,hence I don`t sell anything on ebay anymore

Jay:Once you start selling,they start charging you monthly fees,even if you don`t sell anything
As ^ they have no competition so they make the rules,hence I don`t sell anything on ebay anymore

What? :doh: I'm assuming you are talking about private sellers, not business? If that's the case, then private sellers DON'T get charged ANY monthly fees for selling - 100%.

Obviously, when you sell an item, there's a listing fee, a 10% final value fee and Paypal takes their cut as well, but apart from that nothing else.

The case described above is probably a mistake, and it can be easily solved, if you send a message to eBay.

What? :doh: I'm assuming you are talking about private sellers, not business? If that's the case, then private sellers DON'T get charged ANY monthly fees for selling - 100%.

Obviously, when you sell an item, there's a listing fee, a 10% final value fee and Paypal takes their cut as well, but apart from that nothing else.

The case described above is probably a mistake, and it can be easily solved, if you send a message to eBay.

Private seller and I had to call them to get a refund as emailing them is useless

Private seller and I had to call them to get a refund as emailing them is useless

Don't know what happened in your case, but I've never heard of monthly fees for private eBay sellers :rolleyes:

They dont take the payment straight after you get the seller fee invoice e.g. pament for my september invoice was taken today. Check your fee invoices and paypal transaction history.

Last edited:
You pay eBay fees only if you sell something. You pay paypal fees only if you get paid via paypal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom