Ebay fraudster warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
If anyone comes across an ebay member Davikandra-8 please be cautious. My son sold him an engine cover for a Seat Leon which was paid for, delivered to the purchaser and signed for only for the fraudster to do a chargeback with PayPal. My son has tried to make contact but had no response. The fraudsters address is in Sheffield and his PayPal address is [email protected]

did your son send the package to this SOB with a postal tracking number?
if your son have tracking number show it to paypal and your son will keep his money

a good thing to do before doing business is to check sellers/buyers feedback ratings

Last edited:
As above if he sent it recorded tracked and signed for he'd have nothing to worry about, if not I'd be knocking on that address sharpish

did your son send the package to this SOB with a postal tracking number?
if your son have tracking number show it to paypal and your son will keep his money

a good thing to do before doing business is to check sellers/buyers feedback ratings

We have the tracking details and confirmation the package was signed for. PayPal still not interested for some reason.

This isn't an eBay claim or Paypal claim it's a chargeback. The buyer has rung his credit card company and probably told them it was fraudulent transaction and he has received nothing.

Paypal prefers not to defend against chargebacks, it rocks the boat with their arrangements with card providers, so much of this depends who the provider is. However it's normal that a case is opened against you and you upload the tracking and proof of delivery.

Paypal then represent this to the credit card company and the CC company decide if this is being upheld or not and not Paypal.

I'd contact eBay also just to see if they will help and persevere with Paypal also.

I would ask if the sale qualified for Paypal seller protection and submit a claim under that heading.

Last time I had an issue with the purchase from eBay (via paypal), my credit card company Visa refused to deal with the issue and said to take it up with PayPal, so it's not a straight forward "ring your c/c company and cancel the purchase". At least not in the UK.

This isn't an eBay claim or Paypal claim it's a chargeback. The buyer has rung his credit card company and probably told them it was fraudulent transaction and he has received nothing.

Paypal prefers not to defend against chargebacks, it rocks the boat with their arrangements with card providers, so much of this depends who the provider is. However it's normal that a case is opened against you and you upload the tracking and proof of delivery.

Paypal then represent this to the credit card company and the CC company decide if this is being upheld or not and not Paypal.

I'd contact eBay also just to see if they will help and persevere with Paypal also.

I would ask if the sale qualified for Paypal seller protection and submit a claim under that heading.

Indeed it was a chargeback by the purchasers CC or bank and PayPal are not interested in helping. The money is not much, its the principle. PayPal slapped a £15 chargeback fee on my sons account as well!

Last time I had an issue with the purchase from eBay (via paypal), my credit card company Visa refused to deal with the issue and said to take it up with PayPal, so it's not a straight forward "ring your c/c company and cancel the purchase". At least not in the UK.

It depends what you claim has occurred, the CC company will deal with anything that is a fraudulent transaction or claims of fraud such as "I didn't make the purchase".

If you phone them with an item not received or not as described claim they'll refer you back to the selling platform.

Indeed it was a chargeback by the purchasers CC or bank and PayPal are not interested in helping. The money is not much, its the principle. PayPal slapped a £15 chargeback fee on my sons account as well!

Keep trying, particularly with the seller protection programme, if you've complied with all the requirements Paypal should refund. I would suggest phoning rather than emailing and have a chat with someone they are often quite helpful since they were separated from eBay.

I've dealt with a few of these over the years, we have an eBay store and it's part and parcel of trading on there.

Last edited:
Apologies if I have miss read this.

Who signed for delivery?

The buyer may be claiming that they did not sign as they did not receive it. Multiple occupancy address?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Same happened to me a few years ago, I contacted the buyer and he knew nothing about it. Turns out he had just moved into a new flat and had used his credit card more than usual, the bank thought it was suspicious activity and cancelled the transactions without telling him, he said. Bottom line was, Paypal eventually returned the money to me after a few weeks.

Russ

When you purchase an item and pay by PayPal, you are not purchasing the item with your credit card.

Your credit card issuer is then being asked to top-up your PayPal account, but this is a separate transaction to the purchase of the item.

Or in other words, what you do with the money once in your PayPal account is no longer the responsibility of the credit card issuer.

For this reason purchases made by PayPal payment are not covered by your credit card issuer.

Looks like he's made 13 purchases in the last 12 months - and has never left any feedback for others.

You cannot tell how many purchases he has made in the last 12 months, other than those who have left feedback.

I've bought 13 things in the last 12 months.

Not everyone does leave feedback.

Doesn't make them a criminal.

Wouldn't ring any alarm bells for me:

eBay Feedback profile for davikandra-8

i always check sellers feedback ratings b4 I buy something from a certain seller.
this will somehow tell me if seller is legit or a dirtbag?
if it is a private ebay seller with lots of RED I will not buy from such seller.
this tells me seller don't care about the items they are selling nor their customers.

if it is a power seller with lots of RED, I wouldn't be scared getting ripped off as I will contact paypal if something happens?!

when I pay with Paypal I always write a note if message box has not been disconnected.
I leave a note, please send tracking number.
serious sellers will give you the tracking number, shady seller will probably not care.

buyers do get screwed over by shady sellers. :wallbash:
but!
sellers also get screwed over by shady buyers! :wallbash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom