Ebay full of NUTTERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

inthegarage

Car
CLK 320
I put some car related stuff on ebay, and it was to large to post and I didn't want the hassle of putting on pallet, so in the listing in bold capitals COLLECTION ONLY NO courier PICK UP. To me this clearly defines what is expected of the buyer. The winner did not read the listing and said to post it, dumb or what? so I offered it to the under bidder. They also did not read the listing. Is ebay stacked with dumb ass people or am I just unlucky to pick two. Rant over. Have a nice day

Conmen/woman. it's usually pretty obvoice. no email via Ebay, contact before bidding and a very low price.
All pictures are taken at different locations and lots of them.

For collection only I was advised that on no account allow a buyer to pay by paypal as there is a well known con where they collect the item and then later claim they didn't and get a refund so you lose the item and the money. In any dispute ebay is highly biased towards the buyer so although I have sold a few things successfully I'm inclined to throw stuff away rather than put up with the hassle.

.....I'm inclined to throw stuff away rather than put up with the hassle.....

Ditto for me - I had a 16" alloy wheel in perfect condition with a brand new tyre fitted which I put on the 'For Sale' part of this board. There was no interest, so I just took it round to my local MB dealer and gave it to one of the mechanics as a freebie.

If I hadn't done that, I'd just have taken it down to the local tip rather than deal with the half-wits on ebay.

Gumtree has a 'report this advert button' I did this vendors trying to sell Rolex watches for £150, genuine Rolex go for £1000s

As a very recent non Mercedes owner, I'm probably allowed to say that I have used eBay for 15 years and in over 700 successful transactions only ever stumbled across one complete dork. For many car part and hifi related sales I have found the vast majority of users to absolutely fine:dk:

As a very recent non Mercedes owner, I'm probably allowed to say that I have used eBay for 15 years and in over 700 successful transactions only ever stumbled across one complete dork. For many car part and hifi related sales I have found the vast majority of users to absolutely fine:dk:
Me too, although I hope we haven’t tempted fate.

I use ebay all the time Larger items that need collection are put as 'collection only due to size/weight' and 'cash on collection preferred'. In some cases I will put 'buyer can arrange their own courier' if I can be bothered to wrap it. In the listing settings, I remove the settings to allow postage so it is collection only. If I still have a problem after this (which I haven't) then I would report the buyer. It may not result in the sale being completed but it will put a strike on their account.

For collection only I was advised that on no account allow a buyer to pay by paypal as there is a well known con where they collect the item and then later claim they didn't and get a refund so you lose the item and the money...

What's the difference between a Royal Mail POD and a piece of paper signed by the buyer saying he or she collected the goods from your home? Do Ebay not accept the latter as proof?

Or the brainless git that takes a picture of his item still boxed . So buyer has no idea what he is purchasing .
Unless the item is advertised as 'new in unopened box'..... ;)

Do Ebay not accept the latter as proof?

Not to my mind,
I say it that way because nothing with eBay and Paypal seems to stay the same.

Not compulsory but there is an option to add the tracking details
of the carrier, although Royal Mail, and maybe others, are automatically tracked.

If collection only then cash on collection is by far the most reliable for the seller, and beside it makes sense for the buyer to inspect prior to payment.

In my experience, it depends on what you are selling. Certain items seem to attract **** piggery.

A while ago I sold a PS4 and there were lots of "buyers" with -0 or 0 at the end of the username with no feedback. I suspected nothing at first but then one of these went on to win it. The name of the buyer was spelt wrong and just didn't add up. I started to suspect they would not pay and of course they never paid so wasted my time.

So next time I simply blocked all these "buyers" following the username pattern and only allowed bids through from other buyers with feedback. I managed to get it sold to a normal human being in the end but I basically had to monitor it up until the end in case a dodgy buyer stepped in.

I don't even understand what they get out of this.

I also used to sell old used 2.5" hard disks and had a disproportionate number of time-wasting bell ends buy those.

eBay only side with the buyer in any dispute it seems so I gave up on the hard disks as it's not worth the hassle.

What eBay seem to forget is without sellers, there are no buyers.

Even then I had buyers not registered bidding and eBay telling me it wasn't possible. So I had to send them proof from screenshots from their website!

WTF?

It's really gone downhill in recent years so I really consider now whether it's worth selling an item.

Indeed over the last couple of years, I've had furniture, old LCD TVs and all sorts of stuff.

I couldn't be bothered to suffer the bell ends so I just gave it all to a local charity who came to collect. This year, I just filled up our Joke with stuff and ran it to a local charity shop.

Gives you a satisfying feeling because you are helping others, helping to keep a charity shop running and you don't suffer said bell ends.

And in the end all you would raise is a few quid so definitely not worth the hassle.

Recently I picked up a seller on ebay who said the front end he was selling would fit my car (a 2006 S203 C55 AMG) when it was clear (from the picture he had posted) a non AMG part.
He answered saying it would fit.
I replied that it was the wrong item
He answered insisting that it was correct for a C55 AMG.
I asked him how come the foglamps on the front end he was selling were oval while those on a C55 are 90mm circular items ? he didn't answer.......:rolleyes:.

Recently I picked up a seller on ebay who said the front end he was selling would fit my car (a 2006 S203 C55 AMG) when it was clear (from the picture he had posted) a non AMG part.
He answered saying it would fit.
I replied that it was the wrong item
He answered insisting that it was correct for a C55 AMG.
I asked him how come the foglamps on the front end he was selling were oval while those on a C55 are 90mm circular items ? he didn't answer.......:rolleyes:.

You have to realise that most people are stupid and they think that everyone is as stupid as they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom