Ebay Help required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi Guys
Wonder if someone can help me
I recently bought a door wiring loom for the rear right door of my CLS 55 from the states (nothing available in the UK at the time).
The auction clearly stated Right Rear door loom.
It was delivered yesterday and it appears they have sent me the Left Rear door loom, from the part number on the loom and it was even marked in paint pen presumably by the seller stating "CLS LR".
I immediately went onto the item in "My ebay" and clicked "Item not as described" then the only option was to request refund which i did but the page wouldn't load and timed out I have tried more than once at different times of day but no luck.
Thought I would try the App on my phone, went through the same process but it didn't give me the option to request a refund but to contact seller which duly did explaining what has happened and included a photo of the said pt.no. and of the marking CLS LR, so far they haven't responded.
I paid $21.99 for the item, $15.77 Postage and $11.70 Import Charges, this was through the global shipping programme.
If I request a refund what do i get back, does anyone one know?
Though I am still hoping once they see their error they will just post me the correct one FOC and write off the incorrect one they sent me.
Though i have used ebay for many years I have never had to request a refund before especially one that been shipped in for from the states.
How long do you think I should wait for a response from the seller, and if I request a refund how do i go about it, as the link as stated doesnt work
Any advice welcome

Hi Guys
I recently bought a door wiring loom for the rear right door of my CLS 55 from the states (nothing available in the UK at the time).
It was delivered yesterday and it appears they have sent me the Left Rear door loom, from the part number on the loom and it was even marked in paint pen presumably by the seller stating "CLS LR".
I immediately went onto the item in "My ebay" and clicked "Item not as described" then the only option was to request refund which i did but the page wouldn't load and timed out I have tried more than once at different times of day but no luck.
Thought I would try the App on my phone, went through the same process but it didn't give me the option to request a refund but to contact seller which duly did explaining what has happened and included a photo of the said pt.no. and of the marking CLS LR, so far they haven't responded.
I paid $21.99 for the item, $15.77 Postage and $11.70 Import Charges, this was through the global shipping programme.
Though I am still hoping once they see their error they will just post me the correct one FOC and write off the incorrect one they sent me.
Though i have used ebay for many years I have never had to request a refund before especially one that been shipped in for from the states.
How long do you think I should wait for a response from the seller, and if I request a refund how do i go about it, as the link as stated doesnt work
Any advice welcome
I’d message the seller first before opening a refund request

Hi Guys
Any advice welcome

Agreed
Message the seller, wait the required time (3 days I think)
Request a refund from ebay.

It'll work out.

I think you’ve got to wait four (?) days before opening a case such as yours.

eBay always side with the buyer even with evidence the buyer is in the wrong so you will be fine.

Cheers for the responses.
The only thing that bothers me is that when i have sent emails to other sellers before e-bay states that I need to wait a requisite period of time for a reply, but I haven't had such a notification.
Also if i needed to open a case where/how do you do that as it doesn't seem to be on the list of options the page gives me
So far it has been nearly a day and a half, so the consensus is a need to give them 3 - 4 days for a response, sorry for the noob questions:wallbash::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Andy Ask Ebay to step in, because the seller is not responding after you sent him a message.
Dont worry you will get a refund if you paid with trusty PayPal .
And i think a good search would have fund the part your looking for over here in the uk .

Cheers for the responses.
The only thing that bothers me is that when i have sent emails to other sellers before e-bay states that I need to wait a requisite period of time for a reply, but I haven't had such a notification.
Also if i needed to open a case where/how do you do that as it doesn't seem to be on the list of options the page gives me
So far it has been nearly a day and a half, so the consensus is a need to give them 3 - 4 days for a response, sorry for the noob questions:wallbash::rolleyes:
Go into the “help” section and type in your problem and it’ll show you where you need to be.

I recently had a similar issue. Item came damaged from abroad. It seems some options have been removed - there used to be options for a partial refund etc but I could only request a refund. I also got the 'timed out' page so went via help pages (I think) and then it worked. It opened the case and I uploaded pics. The seller then opted to send me another one.

I too would rather contact the seller but opening a case usually gets it sorted quicker.

Hi
Cheers for the assistance do far.
They still haven't responded, so I plan to give them to friday, at which point I open a case.
Hopefully this will elicit a response from the seller.

I always have an ebay policy now for sellers I've never dealt with.

Ask the question "when/how can you post", if they respond within a reasnoble time I purchase, if not I never use them.
Be amazed at how many do not respond and if they do not respond to a sales query then I have no hope for a support one.

If i needed a loom i would search your type of car doors that are for sale , and then message the seller if they have the loom you need .
I already did that, it is a ribbon cable type loom, and is effectively glued under the the sound proofing of the door card, so effectively becomes part of the door card rather than the door, so I was surprised that it did have a specific Pt.No.
It cant be repaired due to the type of cable and the way it terminates. I enquired with MB for a new one but is on back order, with no ETA.
I contact multiple breakers and none were willing to remove the loom from the door card (it is a bit fiddly and the loom is quite fragile to be honest (hence why i have broken not just the once now but twice :wallbash: :rolleyes:.
At the time of me breaking it for the second time there were no cheap door cards available but searching ebay by CLS door loom came up with the individual loom separated from the door card.

Hi
Well just an update
Very peed off, it appears the reason why I am having issues is the fact I raised the case for return as "item does not fit" which apparently does not qualify for paid return postage.
I should of selected "item not as described" to qualify for paid return postage.
For me to qualify for a refund I will need to return the item and pay postage.
I have spoken to E-bay and they are not able to do anything, they say they cannot retrospectively change what I originally selected, and if I was to close this return request it wouldn't allow me to open another with the "item as described".
To make it worse the seller is now not responding to my emails for assistance, though strictly speaking he isn't obligated too but he has excepted that he supplied the wrong part in the first place I would of expected him to have told me of this error and for customer service sake offered me some sort of solution, or am i expecting to much? especially as I could still leave bad feedback as this has left a very bad taste in my mouth, its not the money, its the fact that the reason why I am returning it is because it "doesn't fit", because it was "wrongly described" I am struggling to see why one qualifies for free postage and the other doesn't.
Am I being unreasonable with this?
Apparently Paypal run a scheme where they will refund the return postage but I fail to see on what grounds they can refund it if E-Bay policy is not under the reason I raised the case against, and if I was to pay postage it would take a protracted period of time to settle.
I am struggling to know what to do for the best now as I am sick of this situation

Yes Paypal do and I have used it in the past. Their refund is separate to eBay

Is there much difference between right and left looms , can it not be retro fitted ?

Is there much difference between right and left looms , can it not be retro fitted ?
Hi
I tried the difference between LH & RH loom is the plug and the wiring to the DCM, the cables are inverted so the pins of the plug do not correspond to the pins in the RH DCM..
Also the cables are folded/shaped in specific positions to run correctly in the door card so due to the fact it is the LH loom being fitted in the RH door these folds would require the loom to be folded the opposite way, due to the nature of this plastic cable there would be a very good chance that the plastic ribbon cable and the thin copper conductors in the plastic would be damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom