Ebay & Non Payers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Looks like I have my first non payer on Ebay. Not bad out of around 100 sales.

Have sent several emails now and it been around a week.

Started with Congratulation on winning xxxxxxx please now send payment of xxx to [email protected] etc.

Then

Just a reminder that I have still not recieved payment please could you make contact or send payment as soon as possible.

and finally sent an email saying please make contact as to what is happening.

Still nothing. I dont want to leave negative feedback as I risk the inevitable retaliatory feedback. Saying I never made contact.

Would you take it to Ebay at this point or give any more time. Its not alot of money so not too serious just a pain in the ar@$.

Just suspec I looked at his feedback he has +2 But has 3 from the same person no longer registered hmm suspect I think.

Any advice.

Cheers

If you genuinely can't get hold of the buyer and feel the time has come then just file a non paying bidder report.

I filed one a few days ago and miraculasely the buyer I had not been able to get for 16 days rang me up.

I've been a nice guy and allowed him to back out no penalty but I'm going to file another seperate claim tomorrow.

It seems to be the current fad, bid to win but don't buy. Never had this before.

Jointly I am in for the costs on £940 so not too chuffed.

In fact I'm going to file right now. :mad:

Update:

Done.

The first f*****r now can't be bothered to respond to Ebays request to close the report, after we agreed. He'll get a strike in the next two days if he doesn't close it.

Is it possible this is to do with Ebay running TV advertising and now having brought all the t*****s out to play?

Odd that both of these should be buyers from London.

Last edited:
A thing you can do is get a minor court judgment on him/her (I'll find you the site where you can do this, I've got it saved somewhere) [usefull for the more expensive items].

If you are scared of neg retaliatory feedback, just wait 90 days from auction end, then on the 90th day, post your negative feedback. By the time he realises its too late for him to post feedback (it would be nice to have a program/site that did this for you...)
Michele

Spinal said:
If you are scared of neg retaliatory feedback, just wait 90 days from auction end, then on the 90th day, post your negative feedback. By the time he realises its too late for him to post feedback (it would be nice to have a program/site that did this for you...)
Michele

Hi Michele, I tried the 90 day thing giving bad feedback to the seller on the 90th day but still got retaliatory feedback about a week after. The bad feedback I gave to the seller was well deserved but the feedback I got back was rude and swear words were used. Because of this eBay wiped out my negative but also did the same to the seller to make it fair.

Cheers,
Steve

I’ve had a few non payers in the last few weeks too :mad: .
One of them contacted me for my address and that was the last I’ve heard. :confused:
I’ve filed a non payment claim but ebay are not really that interested.

The way the ebay feedback system is being abused makes it hard to leave negative comments about sellers (bad packaging, slow delivery, bad description) as most sellers these days don’t leave feedback till you have left it for them.

I used to leave feedback as soon as I got a payment but have stopped that and only leave feedback after the buyer now due to the bad penny buyers (that are becoming the majority :crazy: ) leaving stupid/bad feedback for no reason (I had one guy leave bad feedback because he didn’t like the colour of the stickers on a model!!!!!, worse bit there were 6 photos of the model on the listing :confused: )

With regards to feedback, chances are if the bidder has low of negative feedback they are probably using false contact information. So if you give a negastive and they give you one back, send ebay an email saying buyers contact info was false, they will confirm this and remove feedback left for you.

Recently I have been getting a few non-payers, I don't find ebay very helpful in sorting it out, although they do refund the fees eventually.

I recently sold a caravan awning, the buyer sent me an email saying how pleased he was with the purchase and that he would come and collect as he was only 15 miles away. Never heard from him again but ebay were good enough to send me his address. :devil:

The feedback thing on Ebay is a bit problematic. I suspect too many people don't provide warranted negative feedback for fear of receiving negative feedback in return. This just paints a false picture for everyone.

There WAS something in the T&C of eBay stating that a seller needed to leave feedback after payment cleared, and the buyer after the item was received in good condition. I have since been unable to find this clause again and believe that they may have removed it.... bah!

Steve; I'm sorry to hear that. I had thought I had the perfect plan! DOH!

Sent one last email

Pleas reply just out of courtesy either way. Fialure to respond will leave me with no other option than to report you non payment to ebay and begin legal procedings.

jimmy said:
Never heard from him again but ebay were good enough to send me his address. :devil:

Please tell me you paid him/ her a visit! :D

Madferrit said:
Please tell me you paid him/ her a visit! :D

I got a 'big' friend to pay a visit. The bloke claimed he had never heard of ebay!! But he did have a caravan on the drive. We decided not to do anything as I had another buyer and I am not one for trouble.

UNREAL SIMPLY UNREAL!!!!!!!!!! (Excuse the caps)

I recieved a paypal Email today, guess what for? Yes thats right payment in full for said item. No sorry for late payment no explanation no other email explaining anything what so ever. So whats that, nearly a month????????? :mad:

Words fail me they really do.

No apology or anything??

Would have thought an explanation would be in order!!

Ho-hum, you do get some E-Bayers don't you. At least there are still some decent ones out there!

Steve
:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom